Pandigital Novel $20 Mail-in-Rebate for Bed, Bath and Beyond Expires Tomorrow (US)

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
JdX0w.jpg

Credits to bodex of Slatedroid for summarizing the deal. (US only)

Today is the second last day you can still purchase a Pandigital Novel from Bed, Bath and Beyond and still be eligible for the $20 mail-in-rebate. If you plan on getting an Android tablet as a reading device, this can be had for as low as $100US before taxes (your mileage may vary).

To get the $100US deal, you need to:
  1. Perform a price match with Walgreens, which is selling the Pandigital Novel for $150. Screenshot of Walgreens price for pricematch
  2. Acquire an additional 20% off coupon from the BB&B mailing list. If you don't have one, you can do this later by taking your receipt back to the store. They also accept expired coupons.
  3. Make your purchase before Aug 15 to be eligible for the $20 mail-in-rebate from BB&B (mirror)
So find your closest store with the BB&B store locator and you can get your own Pandigital Novel.

If you don't want to just use the device as an ebook reader, the Pandigital Novel is hackable and has been rooted. There are hacks to make it to run the Android Market, the Amazon Kindle app, and perform other functions like a full Android tablet. While some users have been reporting weak wifi signal strength, this is a steal to be had at $100US if you can get your hands on one, especially if you are into making the most out of your device.

Specifications
(from Pandigital and various sources)
7" 800x600 TFT-LCD Resistive touchscreen
Samsung S3C6410 ARM11 at 800MHz
256MB RAM (v1)
Android 2.0
1GB internal memory
External SD/SDHC slot
3.5mm headphone jack
Mini-USB port
1 year warranty
Up to 6 hours of battery life in reading mode

Source:
Slatedroid PDN forums

jdelgado

May 11, 2010
Hi,

I have the Augen Gentouch, I am happy with it but I was wondering should I return it for the PDN. Will I get a better device or are they about the same.

Thanks
jdelgado

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Hi,

I have the Augen Gentouch, I am happy with it but I was wondering should I return it for the PDN. Will I get a better device or are they about the same.

Thanks
jdelgado

I have Augen Gentouch too! You have 90 days-policy to return the Gentouch. I don't know what the return policy with Bed Bath and Beyond is? So I would check with them first. I would buy and test it and see if it's better?

Okay I might go and see if I can get it for $100 bucks plus tax

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
It this deal was in Canada, I would have been extremely tempted to get my hands on one. Immediately.

It's not bad for what it is, especially if you are into some firmware modding.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
It this deal was in Canada, I would have been extremely tempted to get my hands on one. Immediately.

It's not bad for what it is, especially if you are into some firmware modding.

Did you get one?

bugeyed

Jul 26, 2010
The Pandigital Novel has a standard 3.5mm headphone jack, not 2.5mm as stated & present on the Gentouch.
kev