Pandigital Novel owner eDJ and new here

eDJ

Jun 2, 2012
Say,

Just joined after watching a You Tube vid showing how to route the Novel. Fever Host from Android Tablets net and Tablet Videos info did the tutorial and mentioned this place. Thought I'd check it out.

So far I've just been playing around with the Pandigital Novel but I'd like to get it working to it's full potential. It's all original now.

eDJ

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi eDJ, welcome aboard. Glad to have you as a new member of the forum. If you're ready to stop playing around and want some information about upgrading your tablet, you're going to have to click one of the two links I'm going to give you. This is where your prior experience playing with your tablet is going to pay off. You're going to have to determine, without any hints from me, which is the correct link to click on.:confused:

Click this link if your tablet is white: Pandigital Novel White Firmware

Click this link if your tablet is black: Pandigital Novel Black Firmware

Enjoy your tablet and the forum!
Spider

eDJ

Jun 2, 2012
Thanks spider, it's the black. It's been in it's box more lately than than out . I have the receipt but haven't registered it yet.

I've heard that I should register for the eBook stores etc that came bundled with it before doing anything to route it.

Then, it's up to me to decide if I want to route it, and set it up as a tablet.

I'm thinking this is what I want to do presently but I'll read some and try to determine what is the best course to pursue.

Spyder, (or anyone) if you were to lay it out in steps for a noob

what would you do first, second, third etc.

Thanks again

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Thanks spider, it's the black.

Hi again eDJ,

Nice job, I knew you could do it.:eek:

You probably should begin by thoroughly familiarizing yourself with Android and tablets in general and your own tablet in particular.

A good place to start would be the Android Tablet Q&A section. Read the "Sticky:" threads at the beginning for some good general information about tablets and Android. (Among other things, you'll find it's root, not route.:rolleyes:)

Then, head down to the Pandigital Novel Black Firmware forum and start learning more about your own particular tablet.

Read through the threads already posted there pertaining to things you're interested in knowing more about. If you have any questions regarding a discussion, reply to the thread and ask them. If something you're interested in isn't being discussed, start a new thread with a meaningful title and begin a new discussion. There are a lot of friendly, knowledgeable people in that section and I'm sure they'll help you as much as they can.

While this is going on start using that tablet and become familiar with it's features, menus. capabilities etc. Basically find out what it's capable of and what you're going to be using it for.

Before long you'll have a better feel for what you've got, what it could be and what you personally need it to be. It may turn out that what's sitting in that box right now is exactly what you need. If so, don't fix something that's not broken. Just use and enjoy it. If not, you'll be better able to make whatever changes you feel are necessary.

Keep it real, the chances of turning it into a paperweight are much better than the chances of turning it into a $3,500.00 gaming computer.:eek:

Hope that helps a little,
Spider

eDJ

Jun 2, 2012
Thanks for the welcome Smalltowngirl13.

I've read through all the post for the black PDN 7" that Spider posted now. Was sorta hoping to find a "Project" thread where someone takes a step by step
right out of the box device and "root's" it in order to covert the device from an eBook reader, into a tablet.

But again, I need to spend some time learning what it can do in it's present form, before pursuing the tablet conversion. ;)

Thanks again, STG13