Pandigital Novel USB port

theedz

Aug 29, 2012
I just got a Pandigital Novel and still learning things about it. But one of the main reason I got it was to look at pictures. I know the SDcard reader works and I can look at them no problem there, but I also would like to be able to look at pictures taken on a Compact Flash card. I have a card reader that has the USB and works great on the computer, then I add an Mini-USB adapter to that to plug into the Novel and get nothing. Just wondering is there anyway to get the USB card reader recognized on the Novel? Do I need to install a USB driver or is this just something that I will never be able to do??

cliffsloane

Aug 27, 2012
I am not an expert, so I may be wrong, but I think it is not possible. The USB connection isn't full duplex, so you can only manage from the remote (usually, the computer) source. Otherwise, you could load an entire hard drive into the Pandigital, which is clearly not possible.
I suggest you keep a large enough SD in the Novel, and copy pictures onto that from your other media. I do the same, and keep separate directories so I can navigate easier.