Parsing Packages

ratman

Jan 25, 2017
hi weveryone just got this tablet its a coby kyroos and i really like it but everything i have tryed to install tells me problem with parsing the package and the usb port dont work please help thankls

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi ratman, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Coby Tablets section for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
"Parse Error: There was a problem parsing the package."

The above means the APK file you're trying to install is not intended for your device. For example, attempting to install the Pixel Launcher on your Coby will generate this error, as the Pixel Launcher only runs on devices running Android 7.0 or greater, while your Coby, at best, runs Android 4.0.3 or Android 4.1.

The USB issue is totally unrelated to the Parse Error. If your computer does not see the tablet even when the USB is connected, either the cable you're using is a charge-only cable - yes they do exist, and Logitech is notorious for including them in their products - or there is a problem with the USB port.

ratman

Jan 25, 2017
"Parse Error: There was a problem parsing the package."

The above means the APK file you're trying to install is not intended for your device. For example, attempting to install the Pixel Launcher on your Coby will generate this error, as the Pixel Launcher only runs on devices running Android 7.0 or greater, while your Coby, at best, runs Android 4.0.3 or Android 4.1.

The USB issue is totally unrelated to the Parse Error. If your computer does not see the tablet even when the USB is connected, either the cable you're using is a charge-only cable - yes they do exist, and Logitech is notorious for including them in their products - or there is a problem with the USB port.
thanks very much but it showed up on my computer but still wont charge ive tried 15 cables
I am tryin to install kodi

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Coby tablets, as far as I know, all have AC adapters with a standard barrel plug and are not intended to be charged through USB. Attempting to charge using USB will simply take forever. As long as you have a data connection, the port is working as intended.

Search on APKMirror for an old copy of kodi and install it with a file manager. The current version must not support your tablet.