Pay as you go internet

Derg

Nov 6, 2011
Hi everyone!

My wife & I have not made my purchase yet & are still shopping. My wife & I will be using this mostly on vacation so we need a tablet that we can share an external hard drive for storing large RAW & video files on. But, she also needs internet connectivity for flea markets & garage sales, where she can quickly check the value of an item by doing a online search while still at the site. Thus, we don't want a tablet with a 2 year contract for internet service but need one that has pay as you go, monthly internet service which, it seems, only the iPads offer. We'd rather not purchase an iPad. So, do any of the Android models offer pay as you go internet?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Derg, welcome to Android Tablets. Glad to have you here as a new member of the forum. The best place on the forum for general information and tablet "shopping" advice is the Android Tablet Discussions section. I'm moving your thread over there so more people will be able to see it and hopefully help you out.

Jun 29, 2011
Welcome to the forum.
Many smartphones now have what's called "hotspot", it being wifi from it to your tablet or as posted above a pre pay mifi, a small device that takes incoming 3g signal and turns it into outgoing wifi for your tablet.

Support Our Troops!!
Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk

Derg

Nov 6, 2011
Virgin Mobile has pay as you go data plans & a mifi device that can be purchased to create a mobile hotspot

Welcome to the forum.
Many smartphones now have what's called "hotspot", it being wifi from it to your tablet or as posted above a pre pay mifi, a small device that takes incoming 3g signal and turns it into outgoing wifi for your tablet.

Support Our Troops!!
Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk

Thanks for the help! Indeed, Support Our Troops!!