PC to Tablet file transfer via WiFi

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
Proably stupid question.

Is there a way to browse my PC and transfer files via WiFi rather than having to connect via the USB?

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
What does "Your Android device must already be rooted" mean?

Its a brand new device so nervous about doing anything that could void support.

hfunball

Jun 30, 2011
The best way I know of is via FTP. SwiFTP App: https://market.android.com/details?id=org.swiftp&feature=search_result

SwiFTP is a free FTP server for your tablet that works over WiFi, and I use it to transfer all kinds of files to/from my phone and tablet. You will need an FTP client on your desktop if you don't have one natively in your OS, something like FireFTP (my favorite) FireFTP - The Free FTP Client for Mozilla Firefox

They have a small learning curve if you are new to FTP, but are free and stable.

RJazz117

Jun 19, 2011
Dropbox works, but you can also use FTP.

You can set up an FTP server on your home PC, and connect to it via WiFi, but only while you're on the home network.

...and then, there is VPN...

RJazz117

Sent from my Sylvania 10" Magni Tablet using Android Tablet Forum.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Check out Team Viewer, its free for personal use and they just released an Android client. Very powerful and will do everything you need. I don't have a link handy but you shouldn't have any trouble finding it. The Android client is available in the market.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
Tried Swift FTP but was unable to connect. Didn't get same screens (got Settings but not Server)..... will try some other FTPs and report back

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
Android Sync Manager Wifi, it is both an android app and a computer program.

The developer is Mobile Action.

Sent from my A70H using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

black83

Jul 4, 2011
Use:

ES file explorer, on top left choose lan and login with your account.
If you have shared folders, you will see them there.

Genkilljoy

Jul 29, 2011
I use medieval software Bluetooth file transfer...works very well.....BT transfer Take a long time...use USB when ever possible....or buy the USB dongle to connected SD cards directly...waiting for mine....

ShroomSJS

Jun 9, 2011
I use the File Expert app. It was easy to setup. It just scans your wifi network for shared folders. It also lets you easily manage files on your tablet. No rooting required.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum