pdf's

John_J

Jul 14, 2011
Hey guys i am new to this forum so i don't know the protocol's so i was hoping somone could help me to attach mutable pdf’s to email i have Bought the full version of doc's to go and have file manager but cant get them to work really annoying have to attach 5 pdf's manually every time i want to send a email also i am looking for a good email client / database if anyone has any suggestions they would be helpful John J

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
How many times a day are you emailing PDFs from your Acer?
Why not upload them to a Google Docs account and just emails URLs instead?

Instead of starting with email, Its a lot easier to start with a file manager, like ES File Explorer and select Multiple files (one tap each) and then hit Menu, Share.
It will build the Gmail for you.

John_J

Jul 14, 2011
icebike i cant use gmail because i am using a dedicated pop 3 work email

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
icebike i cant use gmail because i am using a dedicated pop 3 work email

Until you can find a suitable email client, use Gmail as described and forward to your work email. Then forward that email (with all of the attachments) to your desired destination. Yes, it's an annoying step but it might be faster than attaching files individually? Definitely only a temporary solution ...

John_J

Jul 14, 2011
what a pain pwalt i cant wait until some decent email cients or complete databases are developed

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
You can always construct a few Draft messages and then fill in the recipient as needed.
I think it will retain attachments even when saved as a draft.

But seriously, sending PDFs from a tablet on a POP account is an arcane mixture of old school and new. Tablets have been out, what, 6 months, and you expect them to come with a full fledged Outlook client, but then insist on running them on POP? Really? POP?

There are some expensive paid clients on the market, but they are aimed at Outlook/Exchange installations.
There is a very good K-9 Mail client, which might do what you want with Draft messages, but POP? Who does that anymore in the work environment?

And none that I'm aware of will have a database interface. There are precious few enough of those on Desktop machines.

John_J

Jul 14, 2011
icebike I'm not really sure of the terminology was correct of pop
if i can explain still very wet behind ears when it comes to the latest way of doing things at the moment i use live mail on home pc so that is my benchmark
i have a work email and want to be able to set that up in my tablet to send and recieve clients pdf's , quotes etc. link that to a contacts / database to record the info when it comes in
all i know that the email i use is a pop3 account if you have any suggestions i would appreciate the guidance

i hope that explains what i am trying to achieve