Pendo Pad

elwood

Aug 13, 2011
I found a supplier of Pendo Pads, $130 with express shipping. I don't want to use a dongle/portable modem. I just want to use my home wifi for internet access- this is fine isn't it? No hidden locks or problems with this?

I want to use it for spreadsheets (I'm a competitive archer, I'll make a spreadsheet for putting in scores, etc.), music and videos on boring bus trips, and light game and app use.

http://www.pendo.com.au/tablet.html

T
he specs look better than some earlier ones (256 ram). The storage is only 2 gig but I have an 8 gig micro SD to put in it right away and might find a bigger card later.

Is this a good choice? Only downsides I can find:

Plastic case, clunky buttons
Resistive touch screen (no multi touch)
Micro SD and power button stick out slightly
Plastic layer over screen

It looks way better value to me than the no name brand chinese ones, and the pricepoint looks good. Am I right?

Thanks

styelz

Aug 6, 2012
I bought one of these as my first Android tablet. I was pretty disappointed to find out that it only came with GetJar Market which has hardly any apps. After rooting the device and installing Google Play Store and 1Market i could install all that I needed this way. It's not a bad little tablet. Although I don't have anything to compare it to.

A couple of us have created a thread on how to root and install GAPPS etc on the PP4MT-7 and PP4MT-9 over on This Forum Thread. There's also links to stock LiveSuit images and rooted/gapps LiveSuit images also stock nand dumps.