PHIREMOD Discussion [ROMS] [Kernels] [Versions]

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
All your questions, problems and general talk for this modded rom of CM7 for NOOK COLOR.
Current version: 6.3
Download it from here.

Changelog:
* Based on CM 7.0.3
* OC Kernel
* Tweaked Theme
* LauncherPro
* New email app
* New canvas app
* Updated Market to 2.3.6
* Updated Titanium Backup
* Removed some bloat
* Other minor things

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Only thing missing is to give new Rom with kernels that support more than 1,3Ghz and with no sleep of death!! :) :)

NCNoob

Dec 29, 2010
How is the battery life? I am still running Phiremod v6.0 on my wife's NC. Her only complaint is battery life.

NCNoob

Dec 29, 2010
Thanks Rasta. So the battery life "issue" comes more from CM 7 not taking advantage of a sleep function?

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I should inform U that in latest builds of Cm7, this problem has been dealed with.
So, if someone can't wait for Phiremod, can go and try right away some other ROM.

ShutterPeep

May 3, 2011
I should inform U that in latest builds of Cm7, this problem has been dealed with.
So, if someone can't wait for Phiremod, can go and try right away some other ROM.

There's a beta for advanced users based on nightly build 101 for those who want to try. ;)

Apr 26, 2011
This just appeared in ROM Manager. Anyone know if this is a stable ROM or not? I d/l it, but I don't want to flash it if it's not stable.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
There is a topic for Phiremod 2 topics below.What is the reason to open a new for every test or normal version?

And yes, this version is total testing as Phiredrop said but he claims to be stable.For me, I will wait for final release.

Please some mod move these posts.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I still hadnt seen any report about the sleep issue.
People who flashed v7 test build could you make a comment on this?

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Thanks for the new thread. The old one was somewhat dormant.

I've been running 6.3 for a while. The WiFi at work takes little longer to connect (it's instantaneous at home and coffee shops), and YouTube gives me errors (stops playing at random times). I've been upgrading since 5.1 by just wiping cache and Dalvik and never had any problems. Just for the heck of it, after making a backup of my 6.3 status, I wiped everything (system+data as well) and installed 6.3 from scratch. YouTube had the same problem, and market was problematic as well (it only showed 3 of my purchased apps and no matter what I did, it didn't show everything). Then, I restored back to 6.3 and everything is back to normal.

I can't wait for v7 :D

Last edited:

csrabear

Dec 25, 2010
I still hadnt seen any report about the sleep issue.
People who flashed v7 test build could you make a comment on this?

The sleep issue has been dealth with in CM7 and since Phiremod is modded CM7 this test version allows deep sleep. I checked using CPU Spy and it reports deep sleep is being utilized.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
The sleep issue has been dealth with in CM7 and since Phiremod is modded CM7 this test version allows deep sleep. I checked using CPU Spy and it reports deep sleep is being utilized.
In theory I know that it has been dealt with.
What does this mean in true life?
What differences do you observe in everyday use in comparison to previous releases?How more time before empty battery?

csrabear

Dec 25, 2010
In theory I know that it has been dealt with.
What does this mean in true life?
What differences do you observe in everyday use in comparison to previous releases?How more time before empty battery?

I used to charge my nook every day but now I can go several days before needing to charge it. The important thing for me is that it will sleep now.