Picture editor frustration!

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
I want to:
Take pictures off of my DSLR (I shoot in JPEG), put them on my Acer A500 tablet via Micro SD Card.
Review and delete the crap.
Straighten pictures (Picsay Pro does this, kinda cool!)
Crop to a locked ratio (4x6 preferred, but I'll deal with 4x3)
Save to a specific directory at FULL resolution.

Functionally, I want an option to move on to the next picture after editing a picture in lieu of returning to the directory.

I'm not interested in thought bubbles, frames, stamps or other kiddie toys ... there are lots of programs out there that do that.

Adobe Photoshop Express was promising ... until the file size off the tablet was 1/6 the size of that off the computer. :confused: I expected more from them.

Yes ... these pictures will be printed ... possibly up to 8x10. They are team sports action pictures ... I want to edit in the car on the way home from tournaments (as my husband drives). I have two kids in travel sports, and I'm the self-appointed team photographer.

Resco photo manager does this on Windows Mobile devices. It's excellent. I crop a picture on my phone, then crop the same picture to the same dimensions on the computer and the resulting file size is the same. Only problem is that they are NOT going to develop an Android version because they think the market is saturated (short sighted thinking for them). I would rather do this work on a tablet instead of my phone because of the screen size. This proves that what I want is possible.

Yes, I will pay for this app.

Others are in the process of developing RAW viewers ... which is AWESOME ... but that still doesn't fill the niche I'm looking for.

If you know of a program that does the above ... please let me know!

If you're looking for something to develop ... get on it!

PLEASE!?!

This is one of two reasons (not counting games) that I wanted and bought a tablet!

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
It's here!! :D

Photo Enhance Pro now allows for high resolution saves and locked ratio cropping!

I took a picture with my tablet. Cropped to 4x6 full top to bottom. Took the original to my computer and did the same crop. The size was within 10kb!!

Completely worth the $$!!