PIPA/SOPA Protest - No Posts on Android Tablet Forum for 24 Hours

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
Dear...well, everyone.

Starting in 17 minutes (5:00 UTC), a large amount of websites (including Wikipedia) will be completely shutting down for 24 hours in protest of the Stop Online Piracy act and the ProtectIP act, which; if enacted, would severely hamper the freedom and diversity of the entire internet world that we today rely on. Strict, swift and broad copyright enforcement, government regulation of internet sites and the ability to force ISPs to completely block specific internet sites, remove them from search engines, and completely shut them down are the powers involved in these acts. Considering the breadth of the laws, to me this is unacceptable.

So, I'm refraining from making ANY POSTS on the Android Tablet Forum for the next 24 hours in protest. These acts are basically unacceptable in my mind; and considering that the entirety of Android, without which this forum wouldn't exist, is based on freedom from regulation and open standards; being open to do what you want with your device and your technology, it is fitting that no posts be...posted...temporarily in protest of these ridiculous regulations. To protect the freedom of information, and the devices we use every day to access this information.

I myself will be refraining from making posts of any kind- and although I know not everyone here will read this, I hope that everyone who does engages in this protest.

NO POSTS ON THIS FORUM FOR 24 HOURS!

Best regards (Android Forever!);
Walkop

Last edited:

DivineTeam

Jan 20, 2012
5 years in jail just because someone has posted a link on my site? No way, we have to stop it! So we decided to join the SOPA protest. Join!

If there’s something you’d like to know about SOPA. Here is the article which also contains
the link to protest site: SOPA: Is This the End of Internet?