PIPO Smart S1 - Useful Information

fratello

Jun 12, 2012
Me again ....
Message to Pipo.cn :
"I recently bought this tablet : Pipo Smart S1. It' a verry good tablet, otherwise better than my previous tablets : MID (8650), LY-F1, Zenithink ZT282 C91 Upgrade ; Eken-T05A ; Teclast P76Ti ...
The dual-core RK3066 and the quad-core Mali400 rules !!!
BUT ...
I have two problems :
- even the tablets goes to "sleep" by himself or by pressing short the "on/off" butoon, the screen becomes ON after a couple of seconds, stay ON for few seconds, then goes OFF for few seconds ....and so on, and so on ...
- most of games from Gameloft dont work !! I must to make "re-fund" on G.Market because of this ...it's really annoying :( ... I read the Android 4.0 makes no such problems ...

So, please, help me with this two issue !!!"

Response from Pipo.cn :
"Dear ,
You try to upgrade the FW.
we have sent to you by https://www.wetransfer.com/
you can download them
Best Regards,

Amy Ye
PiPO Technology,tablet PC ODM/OEM manufacturer, tablet computer factory,MID manufacturer,Android TV box,

Mobile: +86-15986609234
Tel: +86-755-61191609? Fax: +86-755-61191617
Email/MSN:[email protected]"

The two files are :
-upgrade tool.zip
-update_DS733_S1_????.img (460 MB)
If someone needs, tell me the way to upload ...

LE : The firmware received from Pipo is 4.0.4 !!! So, it's a "downgrade" ...since I say to PIPO : "I read the Android 4.0 makes no such problems ..."

Last edited:

fratello

Jun 12, 2012
LE : Or maybe I misinterpreted ?!
This is the link to the fw :
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_RIDE8yYcLrYjctRktzeFVIMDg/edit?pli=1

Attachments

• $last_fw_Pipo.jpg
    $last_fw_Pipo.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 4,399

madi05

Nov 20, 2012
840 views and 0 comments ?! Cool :) !

Hi, i am in usa , i ordered one today off ebay , i will let u know how it runs, i have the 4.0 u were referring to as well, maybe we can help eachother ,, i feel this could be as good as the nexus7 at half the price , at least im crossing my fingers , will let u know asap ;)

madi05

Nov 20, 2012
Excellent custom fw (based on new fw from Pipo - nov.2012) build by Mr.Roman, from Top Notch Tablets : PiPo Smart S1 - Top Notch Tablets - Release 3 Firmware - SlateDroid.com
All issue fixed and many improvements !

im worried to install any, let me ask u a question,, should i do all 3 installs or just do the last one RElease 3 ? lmk thanks and do i just do it on the tablet or do i have to hook it to my computer, i have never done this before , thanks for any information

mine still is working fine with no problems ,, wish the speaker was louder and the chinese stuff was gone but that is it

madi05

Nov 20, 2012
No, just install the TNT release 3.
But ... "If it ain't broke don't fix it!"

can i get rid of the chinese stuff without doing the release?

also i am awaiting that ployer momo7 for comparison, when it gets here i will review them ;)

thanks

kellogg

Dec 26, 2012
Was on the TnT3 still had some issues sdcard not mounting and screen not sleeping..did this latest dec.20 fw everthing working no issues:eek: