Plants vs Zombies Freeze

voyageurs60

Dec 27, 2010
I have Vegan Gingerbread RC1 installed with the 2.6.32.34-cyanogenmod rot @pershoot-ubuntu#1 kernel. This is the original kernel with the build and has never been updated. Not being a heavy gamer, loaded the Plants vs Zombies app from Amazon Market. When playing even the first play screen the screen freezes. Sound is still playing in the background. Any suggestions? Do I have to upgrade the kernel? Have others experienced this with this or any other game apps? Thanks - Dan

easwaim

May 22, 2011
Yes i have also experinced this running cm7 tryed to redownload app same outcome so just figured it was not ment for tablets

chaosaddict

Jun 14, 2011
I have also experience this issue with Plants vs Zombies. I've tried other games and those seem to work fine. I first experienced it in CyanogenMod 7, and then I switched to Vegan Tab 7 and had the same experience. Sometimes it freezes on the splash screen that says "Popcap games", sometimes it freezes later after I start playing the game. I've also noticed a clicking or popping noise on the speaker after it locks up. I think I can usually force close it and continue using the GTablet for other things without restarting it.

tyboson

Jun 20, 2011
I have also experience this issue with Plants vs Zombies. I've tried other games and those seem to work fine. I first experienced it in CyanogenMod 7, and then I switched to Vegan Tab 7 and had the same experience. Sometimes it freezes on the splash screen that says "Popcap games", sometimes it freezes later after I start playing the game. I've also noticed a clicking or popping noise on the speaker after it locks up. I think I can usually force close it and continue using the GTablet for other things without restarting it.

I have had the same problem with plants vs zombies downloaded from Amazon on my g-tablet, I have ran Beautiful corners, CyanogenMod 7, and TNT Lite 4.4 with it freezing on all of them. My Xoom runs it with out a problem. and My D2G runs it with out problems. I think we may have an inherent problem with the g-tab. I am going to try to download the HD version and see what happens.

chaosaddict

Jun 14, 2011
This evening I tried hooking up the adb and running "adb logcat" to see if there was anything in the logs that would indicate what the problem was. Unfortunately there were only a few messages as the app was loading, and not really any while it was running. There weren't any messages that looked like they were related to the crash. I later tried today's Amazon Appstore free app, Peggle, and it locked up as well. Perhaps it's something that Popcap games does that freezes the gtablet.

palpacino

Jun 24, 2011
I just wanted to chime in here and say that I am having the exact same problem with the gTablet as the original poster posted. Cyanogen mod 7.newest on a gTab.

I went ahead and bought PvZ for 2.99 at the Amazon store and it looks as though I am about to try and "return" it if they'll let me with a few clicks. Not so much the money as I want to let the folks that make the game know that it is jacked up for the gTab and they need to fix it. :)

tyboson

Jun 20, 2011
I installed the HD version and it works .. kinda .. but everything that is animated is covered with black squares. any ideas on whats causing this?

Adora

Aug 31, 2011
Plants vs Zombies has run without issue on my Viewsonic G Tablet running one of the Vegan 5.1 beta - maybe the final? I was as far as dophin zombies and such, had the game running for at least a month. Hoping I can still find the install if the update doesn't go. I really like my plants vs zombies.