Playlists

tveith

Feb 7, 2012
Hello - can anyone tell me where I can find the stock music playlists on the device? I created 8 playlists with 2000 songs - when I booted my tablet today, all of the playlists were empty - 0 songs in every playlist. My music is stored on an external microsd - any thoughts on how I can get these playlists back - or how they all suddenly became empty? Can you recommend a better alternative to the crappy stock music app?

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
Which crappy stock are you using?
At least on my unit, Acer Media does not see anything on the external SD card. Google Music will see anything on the external SD card, but it seems to ignore the album art.

tveith

Feb 7, 2012
Sorry - should have elaborated. It is the app titled "Music" - hope this helps.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
Then that's most likely Google Music, which other than the lack of album art for sync'ed material (seems to be fine for stuff bought through the Market), works fine for me.
Did you reboot the tablet? Sometimes you need to reboot it so it scans for media again,especially if it's on the external.
You may also want to look at the setting (I don't have mine in front of me), it may not be set to look at the device. Google Music is basically assuming you're getting your music via the Market & storing on the cloud.
Good Luck.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I'd recommend a reboot too. There are certain problems often encountered when you dump a bunch of stuff on the External SD card.
There were more problems in previous releases of the Android OS.

Also, if this is really the Google Music app, the first thing you want to do is sign up for a free Google Music account. (music.google.com).
This is where this app really shines. On your home computer, organize your music in a rational way, then point your google music account at that
directory, and it will upload all of your music to the google cloud (still retaining it on your computer).

Then your music syncs to all devices, tablet, android phone, and of course it is on any computer you have as well. You can sync from up to
4 different computers, so all your music is in one place.

And its pretty good about finding album art too. For anything in the last 10 years it will automatically find the album art, but 10 minutes at
your computer and you can find album art on the web and load the image into Google Music, and it is pushed to all your device.

No matter where you buy your music, always download it to your computer's Gmusic directory structure and it will take care of the rest.

Batchman

May 14, 2011
Icebike,

I've been wanting to do just that for some time. I hope Google opens that service to those of us outside the USA soon.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum