Please advise me on which tablet to purchase

timothy918

Jan 8, 2012
Hello everybody. I been doing a lot of research and reading about tablets. I have it narrowed down to 2 models.
I like the Ainol NOVO Aurora and the
Zenithink ZT-280 C91. I like the higher definition screen and the little better specs of the Ainol but I like the bigger screen of the C91.
I mainly plan on watching movies and surfing the web. But I will play an occasional game. I am siding towards the Ainol but I really like the bigger screen of the C91.
Which one do you think is a better tablet? Thanks for any help.

af2000

Dec 27, 2011
I would recommend the Ainol NOVO 7 Aurora.

Aurora Vs. C91

1) Screen Size: 7-inch Vs. 10.2-inch, the former is portable, the latter no
2) Screen Type: IPS Capacitive Vs. Capacitive, the IPS screen offers a better viewing angle, good for watching movies
3) RAM: 1GB Vs. 512MB
4) CPU: Cortex-A8 Allwinner Many-Core Vs. Cortex-A9 AMLogic single core, 1.2GHz Vs. 1GHz

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Recommend instead you go to a Costcos or any other location selling Vizio Vtab 1008 tablets. They are going new and used for less than two hundred dollars.
Everything works on these tablets, and it comes with the real Android Market. All you have to do is download VTL. Launcher to it from the market, costs just 3.00 dollars (it is a launcher optimized for tablets, rather than cellphones. ) so after installing and launching, your vtab will look like another tablet.
In the end this will save you a lot of time and headache.
The other two tablets you listed are not optimized for the US and Americans. And you have to change settings and crap right from the get go which could mean watching youtube videos for a while trying to find the one with the answer you need, that is if people here don't know.
I use the Vtab 1008 and highly recommend it as a inexpensive tablet.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

timothy918

Jan 8, 2012
I'd like to thank everyone who replied to my post. I looked over the vizio and I like the specs and watched a few reviews. I would like to see the vizio in action when they come out with honeycomb.

rikkib51

Jan 29, 2012
Hi,

Are you only looking at those two brands?

Have you looked at others such as Samsung or Toshiba's.

I currently have a Toshiba at home and it is just great. It does everything that every other tablet can without any issues.

Thanks

applejay

Dec 27, 2011
I heared Ainol NOVO before, this is a Chinese made brand. it produces the first Android 4.0 tablet.

timothy918

Jan 8, 2012
Hi,

Are you only looking at those two brands?

Have you looked at others such as Samsung or Toshiba's.

I currently have a Toshiba at home and it is just great. It does everything that every other tablet can without any issues.

Thanks

I really didn't want to spend that kind of money on a tablet. The tablet is mainly gonna be used at work to watch movies and surf the internet. That is why I'm undecided on the 7 or 10 inch.

Last edited:

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
I'd like to thank everyone who replied to my post. I looked over the vizio and I like the specs and watched a few reviews. I would like to see the vizio in action when they come out with honeycomb.

Why wait till then? With its current OS it works great and you don't have to update when the new OS comes in.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Jmoore101

Dec 29, 2011
I have a coby 7022 and think it's great value for money once you have flashed market.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

timothy918

Jan 8, 2012
I have a coby 7022 and think it's great value for money once you have flashed market.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

I looked at that tablet. If I was to go with the 7 inch screen I'm gonna go with the Ainol NOVO 7 Aurora because of the better spec. I'm still looking at the Vizio tablet.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
I looked at that tablet. If I was to go with the 7 inch screen I'm gonna go with the Ainol NOVO 7 Aurora because of the better spec. I'm still looking at the Vizio tablet.
Yes, the Ainol NOVO 7 Aurora will be a good choice. and also, the Zenithink C91 is a good tablet with a bigger capacitive screen, so, it's really hard to make a deicsion. But, if you mainly use the tablet to watch videos, and web browsing, then, i'd suggest you to buy the Zenithink C91. hope you can finally get what you want!:)