Please help - bought Craig tablet for daughters birthday

vsantoro

May 30, 2012
Well....I bought a craig tablet for my daughters birthday so she can play angry birds.
I cannot get this thing to have a working android market / google play store.

I just reset it back to factory default.
Now I installed an android market by downloading it to my pc, and moving the file over to the tablet SD card (i put a new 8gb sd card in it).
The market is version 2.2.6

The craig tablet is model CMP 738b.
android is version2.2.1
kernel version 2.6.25
build number froyo1.00
When i click the icon it opens up the market.
i can browse games and apps. But once i click any app/game I get the error

"The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."
I click the Force Close button
The market stays open.

Can someone please help me ? Thank you very much. My daughters birthday is friday and i would love to give this to her working with angry birds, and some other games and apps she loves.

Im not great with android but im technical and can follow direction.
I have already search dozens of sites and tried things like clearing cache out for every google app installed, rebooted many times, and still same error.

thank you.
victor

vsantoro

May 30, 2012
Frederuco,
thank you for the advice, i have installed the amazon appstore.
I was able to launch it and download applications, including angry birds, but still encounter a problem, after any download im prompted to install the app, after a few minutes of the install going, i get an error. App not installed.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Did you enable unknown sources in the Settings?

Also, you may want to use a real computer and make sure your 1-click purchasing is set up or it may not work properly.

vsantoro

May 30, 2012
Did you enable unknown sources in the Settings?

Also, you may want to use a real computer and make sure your 1-click purchasing is set up or it may not work properly.

Yes that is enabled.
after messing with it for a few hours,i was able to download and install angry birds, I get an error "can not connect to amazon app store" when i try to start the game, but im getting closer, most of the things I try and download fail for some reason, either while im downloading or when i try and install.

;) I should of bought a tablet with android market already setup.

thanks again for the help. ill keep trying to get it to work

Fabby101

Jul 25, 2012
some Craig tablet don't work with the android market /Google. but if you root it you would be able to. or go to 4shared.com and search angry birds you will be able to download and install it there. and it works. iv been able to download from 4shared and i'm not rooted at all.

WVUTampaAlum

Oct 6, 2011
with these latest $200 tablets like nexus it is really big mistake to go on the cheap and mess with these subpar tablets. sorry if people get offended but I've been there and done it. it is not worth the hassle.