Please help cant recover my nook

Brianbell

May 19, 2011
I am having a problem reverting back to stock no matter what I do. The only thing that allows my to boot is by having an sd card in with a bootable cm7 image that I am using. Or when I have a card in with clockwork recovery 3.0.1.0 and when i try to format data i get "error formatting data" Like I said i can not boot into anything without having one of the two cards in, I have been trying to revert to a stock recovery for days now and I am about to give up , please give me some sort of solution so I can restore back to stock.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
What error message does it give when trying to wipe data? Have you tried following the rest of the procedure anyway?

Brianbell

May 19, 2011
What error message does it give when trying to wipe data? Have you tried following the rest of the procedure anyway?

thanks for the quick response a kind person such as yourself helped me out , prettty simple what i was doing wrong, again thanks

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
Everyone should be updating to ver. 3.2.0.1 of CWR to avoid these error messages and freezes when trying to wipe everything.

cstam

Jul 26, 2011
Everyone should be updating to ver. 3.2.0.1 of CWR to avoid these error messages and freezes when trying to wipe everything.

So for a complete n00b, what would those instructions be?
Thank you so much. I just lost 5 hours of sleep trying to restore my nook.

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
So for a complete n00b, what would those instructions be?
Thank you so much. I just lost 5 hours of sleep trying to restore my nook.

If you have CM7 installed on the eMMC, you can just update through ROM Manager. That also might work if you are running CM7 of an SD card. Someone who is more familiar with running off the card can probably confirm that.

If you are creating a boot card to install CM7 on the eMMC or repair CM7 on the eMMC, you simply follow the instructions you originally used to create the image on the card but use the newer CWR file when creating instead of the one you previously used. You can find the file here: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
To create a bootable CWR SD card, download the CWR file above and unzip it. Insert a blank SD card into your card reader. Then use Win32DiskImager to burn the image of the unzipped file to the SD card.

Schnoidz

Jun 2, 2011
Same problem here.
After Formatting system... it says "Done."
But after Formatting /data... it says "Error formatting /data!"

I continued and it finished with the message "Install from sdcard complete."
I unmounted the card and rebooted. It did start with the B&N movie and registration steps.

But it still remembers the password for my network and connects to the internet. I'd like to be able to fully restore to Factory Settings.

When it comes time to enter my email and password the keyboard only appears for a second and drops down off screen and I can't get it back. It randomly pops up and down very quickly and I'm stuck there.

I cleaned the screen very well to be sure nothing on it was interfering.

I get exactly the same thing when I restore one of my saved backups.

$Error001.jpg

$Error002.jpg

Last edited: