Please Help! I need help rooting my Sylvania Tablet and downloading Android Market!

Arj24

Dec 4, 2011
Please Help. I just bought a 7" Sylvania Mini Tablet Android 2.2. Of course when I bought it, I was under the impression that I would be able to enjoy all of the same features my Android 2.2 operating phone uses but I was very wrong.
I've been trying to figure out how I can download a working Android Market onto my tablet so I can actually enjoy it.

It seems that I will need to Root my device then download. I've downloaded Universal AndRoot and tried to download the android market but it isn't working. Ive found threads where others have been successful but no step by step instructions on how to do it.

Please Help. I don't want to return this tablet if I don't have too. I'm not super techy so the steps I've found online are not very helpful.

If there is anyone who knows how to download a working Android Market on my specific tablet who can help, it would be greatly appreciated ;)

Thanks.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Welcome to the board Arj24, I hope I'm wrong, and I could be mistaken, I don't think it's been managed yet on the Froyo OS. I read the thread we have here on getting google market, but the problem is that as of the last post, in September NO ONE has been able to get the market working on this device. I'm sorry it's not working out the way you'd hoped, but unless someone else posts with the information to the contrary I don't think it's possible yet. I don't know if you already started the process, but if it's not working anymore (the tablet I mean) I hope a factory reset can get you out of the problems you're experiencing.

Syd

Jan 8, 2012
Well,I have one and I've been having the same problems.I went in the online Android Market and downloaded some apps.The only problem with that is I can't find them.I don't know if it's just my tablet or what because it said my tablet was compatible.My best bet is just try the online market and see if that works.I'm still trying to find them but I don't think I'll be finding them any time soon :) I hope this helps