please help me for unbrick my Iconia

darvish

Jan 24, 2012
hi 2 all
I want to brief how made brick my tab step by step
first of all i had an Acer_A500_4.010.43_COM_GEN1 3.1 stock rom on my tab that i upgrade it to 3.2 Acer_A500_7.006.01_COM_GEN1 by tablet then i decided to root my tablet for installation custom rom and i downgrade to 3.01 rom by this typic http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1276227 method 1 i reverted successfully and after rooting i installed and tested this 3 roms (taboonay 2.2-thor 14.2&light speed 1.07) but each one had some problems like google map or gps or rotation screen so i installed a 3.1hc stock rom Acer_A500_4.010.41_COM_GEN1 and rooted that worked good but i had mistake and i forget erase update.zip file from my sd card
a fewdays ago Mistakenly I turn on my tablet with recovery mode and iconia automattically gone to update mode (rom installation) i did nothing but this opration was stopped at 80% and my wrong was here i could not be patient and shut down my tab by power button and i bricked my tablet
frown.gif

after that i test all method for unbrick it like not stable rom , Chinese and whitout Chinese roms using of stock rom like Acer_A500_4.010.38_COM_GEN1
without any success only in not stable rom processes gone to 90 % and then stoped and nothing
after update to chinese rom it stopped at 30 % with yellow triangle sign
i explain my problem in 2or3 others forum like XDA please help me for unbrick my Iconia - Page 3 - xda-developers
and many of people tried to help me but nothing changed only with this rom
How to root stock 3.2 - xda-developers
i success to install CWM and then i wiped and format everything but i have same problem yet
when i turn on tablet normally i have a black screen like this without any response

$20120122_003.jpg $20120122_006.jpg$20120122_007.jpg

when i go to recovery mode i have this
$20120122_009.jpg
and i cant do any thing i can move on cvm menu options by vol. keys up or down but when i pressed power key for choosing this options my tablet turn off instantly and i cant choose any thing
i can select options by a usb mouse and by this way i wiped an formated everything like system,data,cash,and flexrom and install new rom like thor14.2 but nothing changed
please help me
thanks all

Last edited:

darvish

Jan 24, 2012
Yeah, they must try Icebike. And when it goes wrong or something doesn't work then they cry!

hi sir
I thought you are here for help , but you are funny. if you cannot help please dont spam
thanks .

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
hi sir
I thought you are here for help , but you are funny. if you cannot help please dont spam
thanks .
Sorry to be abrupt but if you follow Icebike's suggestion then you would get the help you need. I personally would not do to my A500 what you've done to yours. But you are not the first! Unbricking a tablet may or may not work. What most people don't realise is that they could lose their warranty - if you find you need tonsend your tablrt in for repairs. And this, and my posting before, is not spam!

Icebike has given you sound advice. and FYI I do not approve of rooting an ACER into thinking it is an ASUS, or vice versa. Especially if one is not familiar with ANDROID OS.

For me the ACER does all it needs and I don't need to root my tablet to access its system.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
hi sir
thanks .
Darvish, I just had a look at xda_developers just to find out your issue. If you don't follow their instructions how do you expect your tablet to work! If you've overwritten the recovery system then I'm sorry you may have send your tablet in to ACER. That is why you have only one selection. And you may lose your warranty - you're at the mercy of ACER.

darvish

Jan 24, 2012
Darvish, I just had a look at xda_developers just to find out your issue. If you don't follow their instructions how do you expect your tablet to work! If you've overwritten the recovery system then I'm sorry you may have send your tablet in to ACER. That is why you have only one selection. And you may lose your warranty - you're at the mercy of ACER.
you are wright sir i think my tablet is damaged by myself and warranty doesn't have meaning in my country and i have no one in other countries with responsible acer supporting centers
but i think a good tablet is a tablet with flexible os and you must be able to test many roms with different abilities for best performance and i think acer dont want this ideas
why them didn't publish a method to root 3.2 stuck roms?
is android os a closed source os like win or mac?
however i am so glad for your attention to my problem and your advises

Last edited:

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
you are wright sir i think my tablet is damaged by myself and warranty doesn't have meaning in my country and i have no one in other countries with responsible acer supporting centers
but i think a good tablet is a tablet with flexible os and you must be able to test many roms with different abilities for best performance and i think acer dont want this ideas
why them didn't publish a method to root 3.2 stuck roms?
is android os a closed source os like win or mac?
however i am so glad for your attention to my problem and your advises
You are right in one thing - ACER has locked down their OS on the tablet. Their reasoning is that the OS remains stable - 9 or 10 months of stability has proven that and I haven't had any problems.
Also, once you root your tablet it will not receive OTA updates - you will not get ICS when it is released for the ACER. ANDROID is owned by GOOGLE and it is open scource but manufacturers of tablets will option their units as they see fit and what they consider best for their product. It is like a car where the transmission (gearbox) is (I would equate Android with the gearbox) is standard as per manufacturer specs. You can change the gearbox and you will get many different results - good and bad depending on your perspective and what you want to achieve.
I'm sorry you have the problem.

darvish

Jan 24, 2012
thank u sir
I think my tablet need to something like Jtag because i cant charge it and battery level always is on 15% when i flash a custom rom on it i can see finished successfully and it show me ((PASS)) but after rebooting nothing changed . and when i try to flash a stuck rom always it stop at 70% or 90% of progress and i must turn it off by myself .
however i am ready to hear any suggest
thanks forward

darvish

Jan 24, 2012
Did you successfully update CWM to the latest version 1.7?
What custom rom were you trying to install?
Did you wipe out the data and clean it before install this custom rom?

hello sir
1-not yet
2-thor 14.2 & taboonay 2.1 & FLEXSTRIKER
3-i wipe and format everything
thank u