please help WM8650???

agabrielcv

Apr 24, 2011
Hi,

Recently i bought from eby, a 8'' supposedly WM8650 Dual Core 800Mhz Tablet with flash 10.1 and 256mb ddr ram, 2gb, 1.3 cam ect ect...

The issue is that when it arrive, i notice some things, first, i installed the Android System info and it says that the CPu is a arm926jwhatever.... and it v5... as far as i understand, flash does not support this kind of cpu right? well. apart from that ive been reading that this cpu clocks at 600mhz and 350bogomips,but mine says 299 bogomips...
in the info area it says WM8650 but im having my doubts..I installed the overclock widget and it never changes from 300, and since is not rooted i cannot overclock anyways. please help me understand this since this is my first tablet.

Also, is there any custom rom for this 8'' model?? and is there any instructions to how to do it..

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
Relax, nothing is wrong. The WM8650 is a "dual core" ARM929 series processor (these are also known as Operating systems on a chip" and your BOGOMIPS is well within normal range (300-350 mhz is normal) this number is a fancy way of saying "How fast can your processor process NOTHING?" your speed should average about 600-800 mhz (more likely we are all getting about 700 instead of the 800 advertised, but since 800 is theoritcally possible it isnt really a lie...more like an embellishment. Your overclock widget will not work because your system is not rooted and save yourself the trouble of using a rooting app...they dont work on our WM8650's.

Not all hope is lost though (if you wish to try to update your ROM for whatever reason..speed usually comes to mind) as there are custom ROMS that are PRE-ROOTED (this means anya pps requiring rooting will work from the get-go...alledgedly..) You are in the odd position of having an 8" tablet instead of the standard 7 inch one. Lucky for you the WM8650 custom ROM has now been updated to support the 8 inch tablet (again alledgedly...) and the link for that ROM can be found here:

HcH'z TechKnow [www.HcH.net.tc] - Index page

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

agabrielcv

Apr 24, 2011
Relax, nothing is wrong. The WM8650 is a "dual core" ARM929 series processor (these are also known as Operating systems on a chip" and your BOGOMIPS is well within normal range (300-350 mhz is normal) this number is a fancy way of saying "How fast can your processor process NOTHING?" your speed should average about 600-800 mhz (more likely we are all getting about 700 instead of the 800 advertised, but since 800 is theoritcally possible it isnt really a lie...more like an embellishment. Your overclock widget will not work because your system is not rooted and save yourself the trouble of using a rooting app...they dont work on our WM8650's.

Not all hope is lost though (if you wish to try to update your ROM for whatever reason..speed usually comes to mind) as there are custom ROMS that are PRE-ROOTED (this means anya pps requiring rooting will work from the get-go...alledgedly..) You are in the odd position of having an 8" tablet instead of the standard 7 inch one. Lucky for you the WM8650 custom ROM has now been updated to support the 8 inch tablet (again alledgedly...) and the link for that ROM can be found here:

HcH'z TechKnow [www.HcH.net.tc] - Index page

Hope this helps!

Wow thanks for all the info, you are really a A++++ Guy. Now i can be more relaxed and thank god we have this kind of forums with people willing to help us!

I really appreciate and once again thanks for the info, was very valuable

jonbon

Jul 29, 2011
So am I to understand that ALL 8650's can NOT be rooted unless the ROM is changed (say to Uberoid) ? I have been fighting with Z4 and trying to run Titanium backup ( prior to messin with my ROM ) and titanium insists I am not rooted but Z4 says otherwise. Just tryin to get things clear here, many thanx,JonBon

zaheer30

Oct 26, 2011
I bought the following , For week it worked wonderful. After adding the 32 GB card it rebooted few times and now all I see is black screen.. Any helphttp://symbios.pk/tablet-pc-s-c768/ipad-tablet-pc-with-android-2-2-p4375-in-pakistan

iPad Style Tablet PC with Android 2.2
What a spacious viewing it is as you apply this 9.7-inch tablet PC for movie watching! This wonderful tablet PC built in 1.3MP camera is equipped with Arm Via wm8650 600MHz processor and latest Google Android 2.2 operation system which can meet you basic needs greatly! It is easy and efficient enough for operation; you will be fond of it at your first touch!

Product Specification:
Main Feature:
1.CPU: VIA 8650 800MHz
2.OS: Google Android 2.2
3.RAM: 256MB
4.Storage: 2GB
5.Support TF card extend 32GB max
6.Display: 9.7 inch resistive touch screen 800*480
7.Webcam: 1.3 mega pixel camera
8.Battery: 7.4V/1800mAh
9.Networking: IEEE 802.11b/g

Specification:
CPU: VIA 8650 800MHz
RAM: 256MB
Storage: 2GB
Support TF card extend
Display: 9.7 inch resistive touch screen 800*480
Webcam: 1.3 mega pixel camera
3G: external 3G function
Networking: IEEE 802.11b/g
Battery: 7.4V/1800mAh
Work time: 2-3 hours
Sperkers: Yes
MIC: Yes
Input: 100-240V 50-60Hz
Output: 9V 1.5A
Audio format: MP2, MP3, WAV, AAC, WMA
Video format: MPEG1/2/4, MJPG, H263, H264
Picture format: JPG, JPEG, BMP, PNG
Office software: Word, Excel, PPT
G-sensor: Yes
Interface: Headphone jack*1, DC jack*1, TF card slot*1, 5PIN USB*1
Material of back cover: Plastic
Other application: 3G setting, ADSL setting, App Market, Browser, Calculator, Calendar, Camera, Clock, Contacts, Document To Go, Email, Ethernet, Facebook, File Browser, fring, iReader, My Music, My Photo, My Video, My Recorder, Picture Capture, PK Mananger, Setting, Wi-Fi setting, YouTube
Language: Czech, Danish, German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese Swedish, Turkish, Russian, Greek, Korean, Japanese, T-Chinese, S-Chinese
Weight: 0.36kg

Last edited by a moderator:

salami

Dec 23, 2011
I have read in the forum, by using uberoid v9, I can upgrade my tablet which have the following characteristics, green led at starting and red led when charging:
Model: Wonder Media WM8650
Android: Froyo (2.2)
Kernel: 2.6.32.9-default
Build: generic-eng 2.2 Froyo,ver1.5.3-20110819.012300

Cpu Info:
Name: ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l)
Freq: unknown
Cores:
Architecture:
BogoMIPS: 797.97Mhz
Hardware: WMT

General specs:
Processor: VIA8650
Frequency: 800MHz
Memory: RAM 256M
Flash Memory: 2GB
Speaker: 8 / 2W
Microphone: Internal
Reset Button
Power button voice + _
Display Resolution: 800*600
Screen size: 8 inch
TFT: Resistant touch screen
Touch screen: Supports resistive touch two points
Camera: No
GPS: No
Bluetooth: No
3G: external 3G function
Video: Support 1080P Movie (mpeg...)
G-Sensor: 4 way G-sensor
Network: WiFi IEEE 802.11b/g
Audio port: 3.5mm Headset
USB: 1*MINI 5PIN USB PORT 9V 1.5A DC-IN
SD: TF up to 32GB
Operating System: Android 2.2
Flash: v10.1 (evaluation version only, Adobe dropped the arm5 support for flash, this is the only version there is)
Adapter: DC 9V 2A

I have done all the suggestions, but still it doesn't work. I just have a blind screen (black) nothing is working. Any ideas have can get it back to work? I will appreciate any help in solving the problem.