please help

rgjjb3

Mar 28, 2012
hi all,my 1st post.
i bought my daughter a zt180 for xmas last year.purchased nov 2010.
all good until recently,switch it on and it goes no further than the ANDROID_
last saturday i spent 5hours trying to update it having read here that updating was the problem.
im not very literate on computers so it all needs to be plain english sorry.
i think my problem is the driver part...i switch on in usb mode connected to mini usb lead(i have 2 now,,thinking 1 wasnt working)
my laptop on windows vista or the lads on windows 7 wont recognise.
so basically im asking for help on how to get drivers and which update do i download?
i have a friend who could help me but its getting hold of him and to be honest i hate being BEATEN by technology..im 40 and when the kids think your rubbish because you cant mend computers it hits home that im might be getting behind the times a bit.
sorry for the long post

rgjjb3

Mar 28, 2012
thank you for your quick response,i cannot ask seller as i bought it nearly 18months ago from ebay(it was brand new).
i may need to get help from friend yes.
i just downloaded the 1020 update from zenethink us from a link on this forum,so i will see if i get any joy trying to do that.
i am a little unsure which firmware i need to get the epad working and im hoping the driver is part of download as my laptop(windows7)wont recognise the tablet without.
i will post my results.
regards jeff

rgjjb3

Mar 28, 2012
jesus!!!!!!how hard is this to do?
or am i really that dumb.
ive downloaded 1020 update from zenethink and just downloaded driver from a link off here its in chinese.

still no better off for it?
can ANYONE help me.....which update do i download which usb driver? im watching youtube vids and it looks really easy if you got the correct bits on your laptop.

rgjjb3

Mar 28, 2012
yay!!!!!!!!!!
i done it!
tried again today by downloading the firmware from elonex..at first i couldnt put the drivers on then i realised i needed to open the elonex folder manually(doh)
i then opened the burntool and and it was green....then start then it was automatic.
it now works.
thank you.i used the mini usb method.
i have also purchased a card reader and 2gb mini sd card from ebay.
so now it works i intend on her getting the best from it...so,am i right in thinking if i put the card in the reader and plug in laptop i can download things to card and just stick it into tablet?it will read it automatic?
1 more thing...where can i get free apps and games?
thank you thank you thank you