Please help!!!

aderade001

Aug 7, 2012
Okay well I jumped the gun a little bit when I installed the android market on my Ematic pro x and i just used Romans installation steps.. Everything worked fine until i tried to reboot my device to get everything running smoothly. Now when i try to turn it on it just says android! It wont do anything else Ive tried draining the battery, resetting it, plugging it into the computer, EVERYTHING!!! Please help because Im dying without my tablet! Thanks in advance!!!

TGamel

Apr 1, 2011
Okay well I jumped the gun a little bit when I installed the android market on my Ematic pro x and i just used Romans installation steps.. Everything worked fine until i tried to reboot my device to get everything running smoothly. Now when i try to turn it on it just says android! It wont do anything else Ive tried draining the battery, resetting it, plugging it into the computer, EVERYTHING!!! Please help because Im dying without my tablet! Thanks in advance!!!

Not real sure what you could have done, I do not know of anyone who has had any problems like this with the install. I am not sure if there is a way to boot up the system in default or debug mode. Have to work for another 14 hours will try and investigate more later. Some more information on the specs of the tablet would help. Are you using a Pro Glide II XL? How large is your microSD card? When you mean reset I assume you mean you used a small paperclip and inserted it into the rest hole on the back?

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Todd

leeb

Jul 16, 2011

Not real sure what you could have done, I do not know of anyone who has had any problems like this with the install. I am not sure if there is a way to boot up the system in default or debug mode. Have to work for another 14 hours will try and investigate more later. Some more information on the specs of the tablet would help. Are you using a Pro Glide II XL? How large is your microSD card? When you mean reset I assume you mean you used a small paperclip and inserted it into the rest hole on the back?

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Todd

Presuming the Pro XL has the same ICS as mine... you should be able to get a restore from holding down <HOME> until after the spash screen changes while powering up.

It will do a full restore so what youve changed will be wiped out, but that sounds like a good thing right now. :p
:D

aderade001

Aug 7, 2012
I have tried to restore it but thats not seeming to work. Yes it is a proglide II XL(the ten inch screen one) runnin ics 4.0. My memory card is only 4 gigs n i have taken it out to try to fix my tablet to to no avail. And yea i have tried pushing the tiny reset button and even holding it down. I can get it to go to a debug like menu by holding the power button and the volume up button at the same time but its all in chinese except for the word wifi. I have tried to call ematic but they SUCK! Plz help im dying without my tablet!!!

aderade001

Aug 7, 2012
WHEW! I finally got it to show the home screen by SOMEHOW putting it in safe mode haha. Idk how i was just mashing and holding buttons but i got it! Now to try and install the market once again...

TGamel

Apr 1, 2011
WHEW! I finally got it to show the home screen by SOMEHOW putting it in safe mode haha. Idk how i was just mashing and holding buttons but i got it! Now to try and install the market once again...

Sorry, been away for a bit. Did you finally get everything working correctly?

Todd

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I hope so...

That 'mashing' of buttons sounds gnarly, dude! :p

Like Ive NEVER done it... :rolleyes: