Ployer Momo11 BIRD performance

crustbusta

Dec 13, 2011
Hi all,

I'm new to tablets and Android and I'm looking for clarity with regards the Ployer Momo11 Bird edition.

This is a tablet I have recently purchased and according to the specs the processor is rated at 1.5MHz.

I have run Antutu etc and it appears only to be running at 1.2MHz.

Guys, what don't I understand, please educate me.

can anyone share their speed rating for their "Birds"

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Mergic

Jun 5, 2012
As I understand it the A10 processor can theoretically run at 1.5ghz but to maintain a stable system it's speed is clocked at 1.2Ghz or less depending on the tablet. THIS thread explains it in more detail. It still runs pretty swiftly, I'm really impressed with it now I've updated the firmware with the latest 'Neutral 0522' firmware.

crustbusta

Dec 13, 2011
Many thanks for the information Mergic, it is very enlightening.
I'm totally loving my Bird and since tweaking the Wifi antenna everything is running very well.

What score do you get from Antutu?

Mergic

Jun 5, 2012
I just installed and ran AnTuTu Benchmark and got a score of 2786. Someone in the USA seems to have got a benchmark over 3000 with the same setup, so probably could get better results with some tweaks. Seems pretty good against some other benchmarks. I'm still really impressed with this latest firmware, there was a bit of lag before but this is now running super smooth.

crustbusta

Dec 13, 2011
I followed your lead and installed the "522" firmware and it really does make things a little smoother.
I've just downloaded and run antutu and I'm getting 2854 with CPU@787, GPU@1169, RAM@398 and I/O@500.

I don't suppose you or anybody else on the forum has had any experience using the Mini HDMI port connected to an HD TV.
I've just connected to my TV and started a movie but nothing is seen on the TV. In fact the TV doesn't even see the port as active.

isadgng

Jun 23, 2012
I have the same problem with my Momo 11 which is not working with the HDMI output. Can someone help please?

Mergic

Jun 5, 2012
isadgng said:
I have the same problem with my Momo 11 which is not working with the HDMI output. Can someone help please?

I think I've got the answer to that one too, as I had the same problem the first time I tried it. The problem seems to be Ployer (and I think most Chinese tablets) have built the hdmi socket slightly more recessed than it should be, so the micro hdmi plug doesn't quite connect. The easiest solution is to modify a micro hdmi adaptor by trimming the plastic at the base of the connector. 2-3mm removed with a craft (or kitchen) knife should do it, but just take a little off at a time until it fits all the way in and works.

Last edited:

irishpancake

Jun 8, 2012
Fair play Mergic....

I had a similar issue with the USB cord and connector on this Tab......

I tried using my Samsung USB Cord initially, and got a shock when I could not see any connection being made to my laptop, no message on the Laptop and nothing on the Tab indicating "USB Connected"....

I thought this was a legacy from the WiFi surgery, but then I tried the Ployer Cord, and Bingo!!! connected OK, and was able to see the SD Card, to make a copy/backup prior to FW update.....

I took a pic showing a slightly longer length on the Ployer than on the Samsung Micro USB Cords:

$C360_2012-06-24-15-45-43.jpg

crustbusta

Dec 13, 2011
Mergic, take a bow.

You were correct with your diagnosis. I trimmed around 3mm off the plastic and bingo I got a picture.

Many thanks.

jackboyle

Jun 27, 2012
Hi all , I am new to Android, and would like to know where I can download a user manual for Ployer Momo8 Bird Tablet PC - 8 Inch Android 4.0.3 , thanks .... Jack

Mergic

Jun 5, 2012
jackboyle said:
Hi all , I am new to Android, and would like to know where I can download a user manual for Ployer Momo8 Bird Tablet PC - 8 Inch Android 4.0.3 , thanks .... Jack

HERE is a link to a website with the 'official' Ployer English manual for Android 4.0 tablets, and another unofficial android 4.0 manual which is better and more comprehensive. I hope this helps

becaw26

Jul 2, 2012
hay i was wondering how you "tweak" the wifi antenna to get better wifi on the tablet? im looking to purchase a "ployer momo11". can anyone tell me if they recommend it or not, or even the cheapest/safest place to buy online? was comparing it to the zenethink but am getting mixed reviews!!

Please help :) :)

Mergic

Jun 5, 2012
hay i was wondering how you "tweak" the wifi antenna to get better wifi on the tablet? im looking to purchase a "ployer momo11". can anyone tell me if they recommend it or not, or even the cheapest/safest place to buy online? was comparing it to the zenethink but am getting mixed reviews!!

Please help :) :)

Apparently the wifi issue has been sorted, so if you buy one now you should be fine. It's not the cheapest place (probably able to get cheaper from China, if you're not hit by import taxes) but certainly for UK buyers I think the official Ployer distributor, GTR Electronics is a great option. They now are stocking MOMO11 Birds for £155 as well as MOMO8 Birds and MOMO7's. The owner, Gary seems really dedicated to providing excellent customer service and provides a lot of support on Amazon. He also makes sure they're provided with the latest firmware without all the Chinese apps etc. You can find them on Amazon or their website HERE