Ployer Momo11 Bird - Strange Touch Screen Problems

Schick

Mar 8, 2013
I have had my Ployer Momo11 Bird since Dec. 2012. I lurked around this forum area and learned how to flash my tablet with the GTR Electronics image, and other great info. Everything has been great up until yesterday. Suddenly the tablet was behaving as if I was touching the screen, even though I wasn't. I could hear the clicking sound usually associated with me tapping an app icon, and apps would start by themselves. Games would start, or netflix, etc. It seemed as if icon on the screen would act as if I clicked them, sometimes registering dozens of clicks in a minute. I couldn't even access Settings, since the screen kept changing to a new app, while making multiple clicking sounds like crazy. When I am able to start Settings, I can't do anything because the tablet acts like I am repeatedly tapping on the Data area.

It frustrating, since now the tablet seems fine for a few minutes.

Anyone out there ever experience this? I do use a screen protector (I cut an iPad protector to the correct size), but it hadn't given me problems. Any ideas? Can a screen be calibrated? do screens sometimes screw up like this?

Feb 26, 2013
I have had my Ployer Momo11 Bird since Dec. 2012. I lurked around this forum area and learned how to flash my tablet with the GTR Electronics image, and other great info. Everything has been great up until yesterday. Suddenly the tablet was behaving as if I was touching the screen, even though I wasn't. I could hear the clicking sound usually associated with me tapping an app icon, and apps would start by themselves. Games would start, or netflix, etc. It seemed as if icon on the screen would act as if I clicked them, sometimes registering dozens of clicks in a minute. I couldn't even access Settings, since the screen kept changing to a new app, while making multiple clicking sounds like crazy. When I am able to start Settings, I can't do anything because the tablet acts like I am repeatedly tapping on the Data area.

It frustrating, since now the tablet seems fine for a few minutes.

Anyone out there ever experience this? I do use a screen protector (I cut an iPad protector to the correct size), but it hadn't given me problems. Any ideas? Can a screen be calibrated? do screens sometimes screw up like this?

We would recommend to format the tablet and install fresh firmware first before determining that this is a hardware issue..

Try it out see how it works.. backup any important data as with the format you will lose everything..

Regards
TechBalloon365 customer service

tobydell

Oct 25, 2012
Hmmm certainly sounds strange, one thing you could try (when it is behaving) is to go into settings; accessability; and change the touch and hold delay to long....
on mine I decided that the touch screen was too sensitive and altered this setting, with it on long it is more stable from an input point of view
Roger

siddchit

Dec 5, 2013
Hi Schick
Did you find a solution to your problem ? as i am facing the exact same problem with my device.

regards

dennisboh

Dec 8, 2013
I purchased MOMO 11 on 12 October 2012 and used it occasionally and the tablet performance seems good and fine.
But now I hear multiple clicking sounds as though I touch the screen which I am not.

I did a factory reset and deleted the user data. Now the tablet just will not go beyond the spinning Momo icon.

What should I do?

Dennis from Singapore

tobydell

Oct 25, 2012
my speed does not get som much use now, but someone else who bought one after seeing mine is now having the same problems as described above, screen works when first turned on, then freezes to any touch, turn off then on again and its ok for a couple of minutes, could it be the digitiser failing? anyone technical got any clues? or do we just consign it to the bin

Sajeel

Aug 9, 2017
i have a MOMO tablet. it was working working properly for first 8 months but then now its touch is not working.even. i am trying to perform functions by touching the screen but it doesn't work. i think there is touch screen problem because all things are ok. any one has any idea to counter it. either it can be solved by software or there is need to replace the touch screen hardware? if it is then how can i buy the new touch screen hardware???