Ployer Momo11 BIRD verison

figo_rulz11

May 19, 2012
Hello, i have a few question about the Ployer Momo11 BIRD Verison.

1. Does the tablet come with a UK manual?

2. Is the tablet plug & play as soon as you open it?

3. Is this tablet UK friendly?

4. Do you get aftercare after 12 months?

5. What does the 12 month warranty cover with you guys?

6. Can you extend the warranty?

Thanks :). (i just purchased the product from your website & forgot to mention these questions)

Feb 16, 2012
Hello, figo_rulz11
Thank for you choose MOMO11 bird version, very happy help for you :eek:

1. Does the tablet come with a UK manual? A: No UK manual , pre-installed android 4.0 , operating so easy.

2. Is the tablet plug & play as soon as you open it? A: Yes

3. Is this tablet UK friendly? A: Yes

4. Do you get aftercare after 12 months? A: Warranty after one year, you need to pay shipping cost back and forth.

5. What does the 12 month warranty cover with you guys? A:Clickhere One-year warranty : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consumer Electronics Goods

6. Can you extend the warranty? A:Yes

Thanks a lot and have a nice day! :eek:

figo_rulz11

May 19, 2012
Hello, figo_rulz11
Thank for you choose MOMO11 bird version, very happy help for you :eek:

1. Does the tablet come with a UK manual? A: No UK manual , pre-installed android 4.0 , operating so easy.

2. Is the tablet plug & play as soon as you open it? A: Yes

3. Is this tablet UK friendly? A: Yes

4. Do you get aftercare after 12 months? A: Warranty after one year, you need to pay shipping cost back and forth.

5. What does the 12 month warranty cover with you guys? A:Clickhere One-year warranty : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consumer Electronics Goods

6. Can you extend the warranty? A:Yes

Thanks a lot and have a nice day! :eek:

Thankyou for replying, that was fast! I can see why people like shopping with you guys!

lastly does the tablet pc come with a screen protector? I've already ordered the tablet from you guys last night & was just wondering, I was also thinking of getting a protective case but notice you don't supply them on your website, only with the keyboard. Thanks :).

Feb 16, 2012
Thankyou for replying, that was fast! I can see why people like shopping with you guys!

lastly does the tablet pc come with a screen protector? I've already ordered the tablet from you guys last night & was just wondering, I was also thinking of getting a protective case but notice you don't supply them on your website, only with the keyboard. Thanks :).

Hi, Screen protective film is free for gift . ;)

figo_rulz11

May 19, 2012
Wow, just wow! Definitely a thumbs up so far! If only it took 2-3 days to get from HondKong to UK. I'm too impatient to wait & excited, i feel like a little child again haha.

Thanks. :cool:

krissboo

May 13, 2012
Hi Figo_rulz11,
I ordered one of these from 'Redtabletpc' on the 14 May, it should be here tomorrow. (fingers crossed)
The ordering process was easy, the price was good, and any questions were answered straight away. And I was kept informed all the way through.
Just outta interest, Who did you go with for shipping? I went for DHL and if you sign up for their notification service once you get your tracking number, you can track your tablet pretty much every step of the way.

Will let you know my first impressions and what I think of the Momo after I've had a play with it for a few hours.

figo_rulz11

May 19, 2012
Hi Figo_rulz11,
I ordered one of these from 'Redtabletpc' on the 14 May, it should be here tomorrow. (fingers crossed)
The ordering process was easy, the price was good, and any questions were answered straight away. And I was kept informed all the way through.
Just outta interest, Who did you go with for shipping? I went for DHL and if you sign up for their notification service once you get your tracking number, you can track your tablet pretty much every step of the way.

Will let you know my first impressions and what I think of the Momo after I've had a play with it for a few hours.

Thanks, please let us know indeed!

Think mine come to £130-00 including delivery. I heard DHL charge custom tax or something so i went for standard international shipping.

I've tried DHL before & they charged me a week later for the admin fees/custom tax.

All depends on how RedTabletPC package there items & if its sent as a GIFT under £50 i think?

krissboo

May 13, 2012
Thanks, please let us know indeed!

Think mine come to £130-00 including delivery. I heard DHL charge custom tax or something so i went for standard international shipping.

I've tried DHL before & they charged me a week later for the admin fees/custom tax.

All depends on how RedTabletPC package there items & if its sent as a GIFT under £50 i think?

Ok, tablet arrived yesterday, with the only issue being DHL not finding my address and my phone number being wrong on the delivery details. But that's not the end of the world...lol. The parcel was marked as £35 sample so no fees to pay ;) And well packaged etc

First impressions were good. Tablet nice and smooth, touchscreen responsive. I put titanium backup on there, Go launcher HD, installed a few apps and games, (though only a couple of the games i tried worked - could be just a general ICS issue though)
Video playback is superb, the screen is one of the best I've seen on a tablet. Had to install youtube from the Market. No probs there. So I get it all set up how I want it, and then realise its like 3am. So i switch the tablet off and go to bed.
Now this is where things get interesting. The gremlins must have been messing with the tablet as i slept, cause I turn it on this morning to be greeted with the original homescreen, and not one english word on there. Everything and I mean everything was in Chinese, and all the apps I froze with Titanium Backup are sitting there staring at me from the homescreen.
Will get it sorted later but was not expecting that.
Hopefully Jason from Redtabletpc reads this as well and can throw some light on the problem. Maybe its the firmware they use.

Don't be put off though Figo as I'm sure its just a temporary glitch.

figo_rulz11

May 19, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to reply! Wow, seems to be putting me off to be fair! I'll keep my hopes up because it may just be a simple reset or something.

I shall let you know what mine is like too once mine arrives. I wonder if RedTablet packet the parcels differently according to the shipping you choose?

What's the general speed & battery life like? also sound quality?

krissboo

May 13, 2012
Hi Figo,
Sorry I haven't replied till now, spent most of yesterday trying to sort out the tablet, and you'll be pleased to know that me and a friend managed to get it running as it should be last night. AND I LOVE IT!!!! lol.
To be honest, most of the problems I had were to do with me installing a version of busybox (if you know what that is) and not realising that the installer put it into a different location and that was causing the reset to factory default. Have a look here to see what i'm on about Factory reset after every restart, or shutdown.
So basically we flashed the original firmware, and ran a script to sort out the market issues that ics sometimes has. And it's been fine for all of today.

krissboo

May 13, 2012
So. Onto the actual Tablet and overall impressions.

Screen - all I can say is WOW. I am blown away by how good this screen really is. It makes hi-def youtube videos look superb. And games look pretty good too. As for anything 1080p that just looks fantastic.
Battery - To be honest I haven't done a proper test of the battery as yesterday was spent flashing roms and firmware and turning it on and off all day. Will update when I've done more testing.
ICS - This is my first device with ICS as my SGS2 is still gingerbread and its staying that way. I gotta say though, I really like ICS and it runs well on this tablet. A bit of lag at times, but nothing to worry about.
The stock launcher is actually pretty good, but as I like to customise my launcher I installed Go Launcher HD, which is works really well on the MOMO.
Sound quality is not bad to be honest, good enough for games and music. Obviously it doesn't replace the home stereo but it's better than my phone! Haven't tried with headphones yet, but will do tomorrow and let you know.
Games - Most games I've tried have worked, but as I say I'm using a script which changes certain things so I'm able to install stuff from the market, which you can't normally do as this tablet doesn't support some games/apps.
As for what I have played...they run as well as they do on my phone, but look a lot better. And the bigger screen does make some games easier to play. Mini Motor racing is worth getting by the way.
Packaging was very good by the way. I'd use RedTabletPc again for sure. As my first experience with a Chinese company, I'll happily say it was a good one aside from DHL not finding my address, and the phone number being wrong. So keep an eye out for that.
Err running out of things to write about so if you need more info, let me know.

krissboo

May 13, 2012
Cheers yash3339. It's a very good tablet. Just need to sort out the WIFI signal issue, but I think that's a problem with a lot of tablets (including ones made by Apple lol).

figo_rulz11

May 19, 2012
Thanks again for the detailed reply, its a big help someone from the UK helping out! Will i have to flash my ROM & firmware when i receive mine then? I am literally a noob when it comes to flash etc. Furthest i've done before is jailbreak my iphone couple years ago haha.

Apparently the software doesnt allow the processor to work to its full potential so i think someone has made there own verison to make the processor works at 80% or something?

Still haven't received mine yet :( Sigh.

krissboo

May 13, 2012
To be honest mate, you shouldn't have to flash your firmware as it should all be on the latest one when you get it...But you will have some Chinese apps on there which are hard to remove through normal methods. Titanium backup is a good software to uninstall all the crap. Have a look here for a guide on how to use it. Titanium Backup KB - Titanium Track - Its a very useful bit of software. But if you've never used it before can be a bit daunting lol.

It's not too difficult to flash new roms and firmware, but it is very easy to get it wrong. Thankfully there's plenty of people and help on here if you do get stuck. And lots of scripts to set up the market and Google Apps properly as well.
As for the processor thing you could be right as mine can be a little slow to open some apps. But overall I'm well impressed with this tablet. Oh yeah, I find the battery pretty good as well. Still haven't tested it properly but after using it for a whole day of gaming and youtubing I still had 42% left. Better than my phone lol.
But I do seem to struggle with wifi signal unless I'm in the same room. Could be my wifi or could be the tablet as lots of people seem to be moaning about it. Some people get a strong signal, some don't lol. So luck of the draw as to how good yours will be.

Have you received your tracking number from Redtablet yet?