Ployer Momo7 IPS Tablet PC

Deckhanddave

Nov 26, 2012
Hi all.

I'm looking for any advice on the above mentioned Tab PC. I've read both good and bad reviews on it and would like any feedback whatsoever on it. The description is as follows,

Ployer Momo7 IPS Tablet PC - 7 Inch Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean), IPS SCREEN; WIFI; DUAL CAMERA'S; ROCKCHIP RK3066 DUAL CORE - 2 X CORTEX A9; QUAD GPU - IPS 1024 x 600 Capacitive 5 Point Touch Screen, 16GB Storage, 1GB DDR3 Memory, Ultra Thin 8.6mm design - HDMI & 3D Output - New Google Play Installed - 1.3MP Front & 2MP Rear Camera's - Flash 11.1 Pre-Installed - All iPlayers and Flash Content Compatible

It appears to tick all the boxes but this will be my first Tab and wonder if anyone on here has or has had one. I'm looking to use it abroad as well as here and one of the main negatives I read was battery life. At the price it's for sale at, I don't expect miracles but need it to be half decent. Thanks for reading this post and any help you may offer.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Specs seem good, Ployer is a good company, if price is right get it. Should do everything you want it to do.

yngv27

Dec 1, 2012
I've had one for 3 days now, and initially, it's fantastic. VERY light and thin, excellent screen on par with Galaxy Tab 2, pretty responsive. Battery is the issue for me now. It has lasted a full day of use (playing games, internet), but when I charged it overnight (it comes with a special 2A USB charger) the battery level did only went to 70% and VERY SLOWLY. However, I'm continuing to use it and it hasn't died. At first I thought it wasn't charging (and that's a return to China) but it may be the battery does not report its level properly. Still investigating. It also tends to wake up spontaneously for a few seconds, still not sure why. I'm OK with some idiosyncracies because it is otherwise awesome, but not knowing the REAL battery state is a concern. It was either this or the Ramos W17Pro.

BTW: COmes with Google apps: Play market, Gmail, chat. Runs Netflix just fine.

ebellking

Apr 14, 2012
Ployer momo7 is the good one with 7 inch IPS screen,very light and easy to carry.The battery life I have been getting has been between 4 and 6 hrs and that's with not such a demanding use,if battery life is under 2hours,tablet may have battery issue.

Deckhanddave

Nov 26, 2012
Hi all.

I took the plunge and bought one. I should get it within the next day or so. I think I'll post my experiences on here for future reference of other people. I'll be taking it abroad soon too, so I'll write up my experiences on that when I get back. Thanks for everyone's input. I have seen a lot of negatives regards the battery life and charging so have to admit, I have reservations about it's abilities. I have read elsewhere that conditioning the battery properly is a must. Does anyone have any experience or input on that? One last comment, for Vampirefo, it doesn't do all I want. I doesn't buy free drinks!

Deckhanddave

Nov 26, 2012
Hi
I let the battery drain away last night and woke to a dead tablet. I put it on charge and found it took from 10.35am until 16.30'ish to get to 99% full showing on the battery indicator in settings. Long time to get a full charge but it was expected for this as a conditioning charge. So, the comments about less than full charges appear to be indicative of faults on the specific tablets concerned.
The wifi connection appears pretty good around the house. I'm using a bog standard Virgin Media super hub, so nothing fancy there. The camera quality is, IMHO, really quite good. I've added Skype to it and found the set up easy, apart from I haven't managed to set video calls up yet. Anyone with any hints, please let me know.
I used a San Disk Ultra 32GB card, it came with a file management app called Sandisk Memory Zone. Both have been simple to use and the app is freely available at play store. It allowed me to move some apps from the phone to the card easily so at face value is pretty useful. I moved a game and tried it from the card and it ran very smooth. I hope those of you reading this find my posts useful and informative.

dejjem

Dec 19, 2012
Hi
I let the battery drain away last night and woke to a dead tablet. I put it on charge and found it took from 10.35am until 16.30'ish to get to 99% full showing on the battery indicator in settings. Long time to get a full charge but it was expected for this as a conditioning charge. So, the comments about less than full charges appear to be indicative of faults on the specific tablets concerned.
The wifi connection appears pretty good around the house. I'm using a bog standard Virgin Media super hub, so nothing fancy there. The camera quality is, IMHO, really quite good. I've added Skype to it and found the set up easy, apart from I haven't managed to set video calls up yet. Anyone with any hints, please let me know.
I used a San Disk Ultra 32GB card, it came with a file management app called Sandisk Memory Zone. Both have been simple to use and the app is freely available at play store. It allowed me to move some apps from the phone to the card easily so at face value is pretty useful. I moved a game and tried it from the card and it ran very smooth. I hope those of you reading this find my posts useful and informative.

Could you please check Google maps or some other maps application? Does it give you an error to switch on GPS and the tablet does not use the Wifi to find the correct location? I have a super cheapo wifi tablet that gives the correct estimated position & my not so cheap Momo7 IPS asks me to switch on the GPS and errors out of all GPS apps (And I checked multiple times to make sure that the GPS "Location" is ON in the settings). Supplier just told me to reset it back to chinese defaults!! I'm trying to avoid it if I can as I already loaded lots of programs on it & I'm afraid of other issues that might crop up...

Lwazib

Apr 11, 2014
Hi, i have this tablet for a couple of months now, no problems so far. Help !!! How do i factory reset the tablet with the above specs. Its blocked and cant remember the gmail account used for set up . I have tried numerous attempts using the recovery option but have been unsuccessful. Thanks

Deckhanddave

Nov 26, 2012
Hi, i have this tablet for a couple of months now, no problems so far. Help !!! How do i factory reset the tablet with the above specs. Its blocked and cant remember the gmail account used for set up . I have tried numerous attempts using the recovery option but have been unsuccessful. Thanks

Small hole on the bottom near the mic hole. Find something that fits and push in. You have the mem card slot then the mic then the reset. good luck