Pocket or Evernote

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
Despite looking, I can't find the area for this, so please move it if neccessary.

I have installed Evernote on my laptop and it looks as though it is something I will use. I note also that there is an app for it, so aim to install that. The idea being that during my surfing day, if there is something I haven't got time to read, or wish to save to show someone else, I can save it knowing that what I have saved is what I will see, weeks/months or years later.

So, what's the problem ?, none really only I have Pocket to (on both) but as yet, haven't used that one.

If you have either or both, or have experience of either or both, which one in your opinion is best?

Jan 23, 2013
Despite looking, I can't find the area for this, so please move it if neccessary.

I have installed Evernote on my laptop and it looks as though it is something I will use. I note also that there is an app for it, so aim to install that. The idea being that during my surfing day, if there is something I haven't got time to read, or wish to save to show someone else, I can save it knowing that what I have saved is what I will see, weeks/months or years later.

So, what's the problem ?, none really only I have Pocket to (on both) but as yet, haven't used that one.

If you have either or both, or have experience of either or both, which one in your opinion is best?

I use them both extensively for different things. Pocket is for Web pages that I don't need to read right away and that I will probably delete when I have. It has the additional advantage of formatting Web pages so that they are easier to read. It's not really for taking notes.

I use Evernote for items I will want to keep. It is especially useful for consolidating sources across your devices. For instance I will save a recipe I find on my desktop and open it to work with on my laptop in the kitchen. I never print recipes anymore Lol.

However, the very useful Web clipping extensions available for desktop browsers are not available for Android so one must also use the less functional Everclip app to get something like the same functionality.

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ using Tapatalk HD

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
I use them both extensively for different things. Pocket is for Web pages that I don't need to read right away and that I will probably delete when I have. It has the additional advantage of formatting Web pages so that they are easier to read. It's not really for taking notes.

I use Evernote for items I will want to keep. It is especially useful for consolidating sources across your devices. For instance I will save a recipe I find on my desktop and open it to work with on my laptop in the kitchen. I never print recipes anymore Lol.

However, the very useful Web clipping extensions available for desktop browsers are not available for Android so one must also use the less functional Everclip app to get something like the same functionality.

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ using Tapatalk HD

Hi, that was a good first post, thanks, Welcome, no doubt Spider will be here soon.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi channeledbymodem, congratulations on your Nook HD+ and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets, and especially nice to see you helping out on your first post to the forum. Enjoy the forum and your tablet!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Despite looking, I can't find the area for this, so please move it if necessary.

Since it's about apps, the location you chose is right where it belongs.:)

When multiple apps/programs are available for the same purpose, you'll often discover one of them is easier for you to use or best suited to your needs. Other times, as channeledbymodem pointed out, you may want to use both for one reason or another. Often it's a matter of personal preference, and the one I like best is not necessarily the best for you. If you play around with both for a while, one of them will probably turn out to be clearly better for you and you'll delete the other without a second thought.

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
Yes, you are right. Before me I have drawn up a sort of graph. Along the top have written Evernote then Pocket. Down the rt side beneath each other is, URL, the page then section. I aim to try each of the sites, doing each of the tasks marking 1-5. How sad is this?. I may well prove to myself which suits me. At least whilst I'm doing this, it keeps me out of mischief, ha ha.

Survey carried out and the outcome. For me, Evernote scored higher throughout, but I will retain Pocket as it didn't do too bad. I was under pressure to a degree as I am still in jamas and my wife is telling me to get a move on. again, ha ha.

Last edited:

haeo222

May 25, 2013
I use pocket and at that time i am not face any problem during the use but one of my friend tell to me the application error in the Evernote he is also suffering these types of problem but not clearing the problem..Any one help me?

Sorry, commercial links are not allowed in posts.

Last edited:

techahead

May 29, 2013
have been using evernote for a similar purpose as yours, rather than keeping the sites as bookmarks now I list them in a file on evernote along with some details as well the best part is that I can use ever note even when I am not using my phone, or PC, evernote can be used from website/PC software or as an app. :) you should try evernote its fast and easy