Polaroid 701C Android Tablet

rlm1949

Nov 26, 2010
I know every Android tablet has its limitations, but I'm hoping after being rooted it will perform much better. This is a tablet for under $100. I picked up at Big Lots. I would like to Root the device and not sure which app to use.

Following is data found on the tablet. It has a capacitive touch 7" screen with 512 memory with slot for up to a 32GB SD card. Everything else should be identified below. Thanks for any ideas on rooting. OH, it allows external storage devices, unlike my Kindle Fire, for even more storage such as mp4s :^)

Data as identified on my newest tablet:

Polaroid PMID701C
Android 2.3.4
Baseband v. 2.0.5
Kernel 2.6.36.android
Build Mid-eng 2.3.4 GRJ22 eng.lgm.20120111.121835 Test-keys

PRBMAINT

Apr 4, 2012
rlm1949, have you found any answers yet? If no, I may be able to provide some links to you...

PRBMAINT

Apr 4, 2012
No offense to this forum...but if you want to dig into programming on this unit, try over at FreakTab.com forums. There are several folks working hard and fast on the Polaroid PMID701C. I have rooted mine but have had a few issues with adding Google Market or Play Store to the point I can "see" most of the apps in the store. I have either mixed up a couple of steps in the install process of have overlooked something. I may just reset mine and start over. I know I will learn more if I just simply start over and document my steps better... Good luck- PRB

HGelman

May 7, 2012
I am an absolute newbie. I have just bought a Polaroid PMID701C to use as a better version of my dear departed Palm PDA. It seems a great idea but I can't find a contacts (ie: address book) program that I can install. I managed to get Google market on it, but all the apps need either a real phone or wifi to work, and when I'm on the road, I'm not always near free wifi. Anyone have any suggestions for a contacts app that'll work? Otherwide, even tho the tablet is great, I'm returning it to Big Lots.