Polaroid PTAB Password issue..HELP?

Rich1672

Jan 3, 2012
Ok, so I have a Polaroid PTAB7200 Powered by Android. I've had it about a month and I have come accross my first issue...I can no longer use it! I went to bed one night, woke up and went to use it and it asks me for a password?? I never set up a password for it. It doesnt have a "swipe" option..Just letters and numbers. I have tried draining the power, the reset button on the back, and there is no option for "forgot password." I cannot even get to the settings screen to do a master reset. It turns on and is already locked, when I unlock it, it asks for password, thats as far as I can get. Any advise would be VERY appreciated. I just know there has to be a way to get around this, or just Kill it and start over. THANKS EVERYONE!

Rich,
BUFFALO, NY

TheDroid13

Aug 14, 2011
When you forget your password, the only cure is a factory reset. You need to boot into the recovery menu of your tab and select the option to factory reset. A quick search should pull up instructions for booting into recovery.

Rich1672

Jan 3, 2012
sorry to be a pain, I've been searching but cannot find out how to do this...im new to working with this thing, thanks again

busymommao3

May 25, 2013
I feel for you Rich 1672. I have a Polaroid 704 and have the same problem. I had it checked and the guy finally after forever and a day got a hold of support and they told him that it can happen to electronic devices. They can set a password themselves. Their tech support is really a joke. A phone call can last for at least 40 minutes. I hung up after that long being on hold. Contacting them through email is even worse. If you find a solution, please post it here. I am hoping not to have to throw it out.