Poor WiFi

jakedamuss

Dec 16, 2012
Help please i have very poor wifi connection on my onda vi40 V1 only two bars. but i have another tablet maxtouuch which the wifi is 4 bars in the same room at the same time:confused::confused:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The number of bars is not an objective indication of performance. You would do well to perform an actual speed test on both tablets. You also may want to look at a link I have below on WiFi connection issues as differences in the hardware may cause differences in performance from router to router

speedway

Jan 6, 2013
Same story for V712. I read in a topic somewhere that changing the antennas would improve the wifi connection.

jakedamuss

Dec 16, 2012
hi i downloaded wifi analyzer and it came up stronger signals on channels 10,11,12,13,14. but how do i change the channel system at the moment it is channel 1 which is poor signal?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You'll need to access your router to change the channel there. Depending on the router it's IP address may be 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.254. At any rate you will need to know the user name and password and use a browser to access it. You can find out the real address by going to a command prompt and typing "ipconfig" then hit enter. The gateway IP will be the router.

prozak

Jan 14, 2013
If changing the router is not a possible feat, i'd suggest upgrading the antennas in your router (if they are external and upgradable), better than changing the internal antennas of the tablet, as the benefit will be applied to all wifi devices.

Also, try to use ethernet cable as much as possible with other appliances, the less congested that the wifi channel is, the better (besides, it's better and more stable :p)

lumatrix

Nov 2, 2011
If changing the router is not a possible feat, i'd suggest upgrading the antennas in your router (if they are external and upgradable), better than changing the internal antennas of the tablet, as the benefit will be applied to all wifi devices.

Also, try to use ethernet cable as much as possible with other appliances, the less congested that the wifi channel is, the better (besides, it's better and more stable :p)

None of the posted answers address the issue. The issue is with the tablet's reception NOT the WiFi coverage. I have 100mb+ BB. My laptops receive at 65-70mbps, my Android Phone at 30-35mbps and the Onda 973 at only 5mbps ALL OVER WiFi from the same position. The problem is with the Onda973 - and it's probably the alu shell which partly causes the problem. I have another older tablet with an alu shell and it has the same problem. Perhaps ONDA test the WiFi with the alu shell off? (Joke) Also I have a leather case for the Onda and it makes the problem even worse.

Has anyone attempted the Android 4.2 upgrade? and does this help or exacerbate the problem? I note also on another post where the 973 has been updated that battery function degraded noticeably. Any comments?

lumatrix

Nov 2, 2011
None of the posted answers address the issue. The issue is with the tablet's reception NOT the WiFi coverage. I have 100mb+ BB. My laptops receive at 65-70mbps, my Android Phone at 30-35mbps and the Onda 973 at only 5mbps ALL OVER WiFi from the same position. The problem is with the Onda973 - and it's probably the alu shell which partly causes the problem. I have another older tablet with an alu shell and it has the same problem. Perhaps ONDA test the WiFi with the alu shell off? (Joke) Also I have a leather case for the Onda and it makes the problem even worse.

Has anyone attempted the Android 4.2 upgrade? and does this help or exacerbate the problem? I note also on another post where the 973 has been updated that battery function degraded noticeably. Any comments?

Sorry hung up on Onda973 I posted to the wrong forum