potential idiotic question verizon phone hack for non us version of galaxy tab

Jan 11, 2011
So I really want the galaxy tab. I did a search and noted there are hacks for att t mobile is there a potential to buy a outside the US spec samsung galaxy tab and root it for use as a verizon phone? Anyone bueller......bueller...

JD

Geraldw

Jan 6, 2011
I'm thinking to have a galaxy tab too, but would wait for wifi only, cause i think using a cheap 2.2 phone with unlimited data plan and use the Wi-Fi hostpost for it. Sorry to say that, i ask something for help, people just take a look. And i would like to say, they just looking for cheap things like the China tablet, although I'm a chinese, just want to say , yes they are good and nice cheap price, but don't try to think it can use well after a year or a bit longer.

Sent from my w7 using Android Tablet Forum App

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
No.The European version of the Galaxy Tab uses GSM technology. Verizon uses CDMA. Not ever going to be compatible. Now please stop bumping your thread every few hours!

TokyoSeven

Jan 15, 2011
The galaxy tab is available from Telus and Rogers up here in Canada. Telus runs off of HSPA and Rogers runs off of GSM. Unfortunetely I do not believe either will be compatible with CDMA.