Power Issue (?)

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
Hello everyone, I got home tonight, and went to check out some stuff on my tab, which I had left on. When I turned on the screen and put my pass code in, and saw it had 6% battery. But about halfway through typing a message, it blacked out. I pressed the power button a few times, thinking it was just locked. Even when the battery is worn down completely, it vibrates, closes your app, and shuts down. So I attempted to turn it on again, it got to the Acer screen, and blacked out. I plugged in the charger, and its working fine. Nothing like this has happened when I was using my Tab, should I be worried?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

2wheelsagain

May 29, 2011
I cant work out if you're serious or not?
Ever heard of a flat battery?
You're not really serious are you :lol:

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
Flat battery..?

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
No, don't worry about it. The next time it gets to around 10%, plug it into the charger.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Battery warning level is at 15%.
Tablet shutdown is around 5%.

What you didn't mention is what the tablet was doing when you left it on that drained the battery that low.
I routinely leave mine on 24/7. I never turn it off except to reboot after an update. It can sit unused for days (like that ever happens) on the battery and only be down 10% or so.

Android 101: Save battery by keeping Wifi alive | Android Central

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
Ahh OK thanks. I normally let it die, then charge it overnight. I think that's better for the battery life, to let it complete a full cycle.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Ahh OK thanks. I normally let it die, then charge it overnight. I think that's better for the battery lie, to let it complete a full cycle.

Nope, that is NOT better for the battery.
The battery is not niCad, it's a Lithium Polymer battery, and you are actually shortening your battery longevity.
Use the battery, but charge it when you aren't using it. An hour here or there on the charger between periods of use is better for it than deep
discharge.

Its not the the 80s any more guys.

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
I've heard about that...but doing a "full cycle" once a month; I mean, letting your device shut down by itself and then giving it a full charge while off.

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
OK.. so just pop on and off charger, drain fully once a month?