Power LED stays lit on Archos A70/8gb

SenKat

Mar 30, 2011
As the title says, sometimes when I shut down to "deep sleep" the power LED stays lit. Other times, it goes out (as expected !) I am running the latest firmware, the the googleapps4Archos "market fix" anda slew of games and apps. Any ideas why it would do this ?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
It is a quirk I have seen in my 101/16 too. Your unit like mine got interupted and did not go into Deep Sleep. It only went to Screen off mode. I just repeat and am successful
I have tried to figure out what I did to have it not go to Deep Sleep mode. (touch, rotate,...) But nothing, I can tell is different in my deep sleep steps.

SenKat

Mar 30, 2011
Yeah, I have tried to make sure that the unit is facing the same direction, and on the home screen every time - unless I am in the middle of Angry Birds, that is.... :) But STILL, it happens frequently enough to irritate the crud out of me :(

jkane

Jun 23, 2010
Look at system monitor in the wake lock tab. Someone pointed me there for this. If there is something there, it won't let the light go off. What I have not figured out is how to kill the process that gets stuck in there without a reboot.

SenKat

Mar 30, 2011
Look at system monitor in the wake lock tab. Someone pointed me there for this. If there is something there, it won't let the light go off. What I have not figured out is how to kill the process that gets stuck in there without a reboot.

What is the wake lock tab ? Is that a separate App I should have ? Sorry to sound so helpless....not sure what you mean, though !

SenKat

Mar 30, 2011
The application is called "system monitor". That came with the Archos. Within that app is a row of 3 tabs across the top. The far right one is wake locks.

Well, I'll be ! I never noticed that little sucker sitting there, thumbing it's nose at me ! :) (damn I feel stooooopid !) THANKS !