Power light flashes - White screen on boot

nitzereb

Mar 12, 2011
Hi, I think I now own a brick, Bought it in november has worked ok til now..have done all the official updates....havent touched it since Jan...pulled it out to charge it...red led now flashes after a few minutes...when I attempt to boot..it only goes to a white screen and then shut down..have used all keys combos to reset/flash.nothing works just a white screen then off..is this a possible symptom of a dead/faulty battery?. i would think it would boot while plugged in, but no luck.. willing to disassemble..but this one does not have the screw holes along the case..do I pop up the screen?

Macflame

Jan 13, 2011
Hi. I have a flytouch clone which shows the same symptoms. I flashed it. All went well, no error messages. Rebooted white screen.
I have a number of apads, epads and have never seen this before.
Is this the screen of death for Android tablets?

SmaRkieS

Apr 15, 2011
Hi, I think I now own a brick, Bought it in november has worked ok til now..have done all the official updates....havent touched it since Jan...pulled it out to charge it...red led now flashes after a few minutes...when I attempt to boot..it only goes to a white screen and then shut down..have used all keys combos to reset/flash.nothing works just a white screen then off..is this a possible symptom of a dead/faulty battery?. i would think it would boot while plugged in, but no luck.. willing to disassemble..but this one does not have the screw holes along the case..do I pop up the screen?

Try the MicroSD flashing, it can be help.

IF you are willing to open your tablet I have a guide.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/gome-flytouch-ii/14255-inside-my-superpad.html

Hi. I have a flytouch clone which shows the same symptoms. I flashed it. All went well, no error messages. Rebooted white screen.
I have a number of apads, epads and have never seen this before.
Is this the screen of death for Android tablets?

Try to flash it with clean rom like 3245 room, using the MicroSD method.

nitzereb

Mar 12, 2011
If i plug in the ac adapter then i use the usb male 2 male and plug it in the second usb (close to hdmi) & to the PC.. hold down the power button (not letting it go).. the pad vibrates (buzzs) ....infotm logo...then the planet then it shuts down, I can get into the recovery menu as well, but i need to hold the power button I've put updates on the sd card but i get the message no recovery found ..try sd card..I'm thinking I have a defective battery or power adapter. I remember reading these won't boot unless the battery is charge..correct? I have tried the method above but it's not on long enough for the pc to see it. Any ideas?

nitzereb

Mar 12, 2011
Hello nitzereb,

I am having similar issue,
Did you manage to fix this one?

Ordered a battery off ebay should be here (fingers crossed) after oct 20th, This is my last try on this tablet. my gut says it's the battery since these devices will not work unless the battery has a charge.

nitzereb

Mar 12, 2011
OK gang...The battery was the issue, I replaced the battery with the one from ebay. After letting it charge for an hour..it booted right back up as normal. So blinking LED light while charging = BAD Battery, and all the other attempts and their results from above = dead battery.
link to batteries on ebay
superpad flytouch 2 battery | eBay
The one I bought, I paid for it on October 3rd and it arrived Oct 17 from China to NY
OEM 3800mAh Battery For 10.2" ePad SuperPad & FlyTouch2 | eBay
Hope this helps anyone else out there!