Prestige 7 feezing, random reboots, and other similar issues.

OutbackWaffle

Mar 24, 2013
Hey guys, I recently bought a Visual Land Prestige 7, charged it, took it home, and ever since I haven't been able to use it for an extended period of time due to random freezes crashes and rebooting. i tried undeclocking the cpu and that helped a bit but the problem is still occurring. Does anybody have any idea how to fix this? i flashed it with the newest official os available with livesuit, and the tablet works, it just won't stay powered on for long.
Thank you to anybody that can help,
Waffle

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum Waffle.

In my opinion the fact that you have tinkered with a tablet that was not working correctly puts you behind the 8 ball. If it was acting up you should have returned it. Rooting and ROMing won't cure a bad tablet problem out of the box, Having done that makes it difficult in some cases to return or RMA.

OutbackWaffle

Mar 24, 2013
Welcome to the forum Waffle.

In my opinion the fact that you have tinkered with a tablet that was not working correctly puts you behind the 8 ball. If it was acting up you should have returned it. Rooting and ROMing won't cure a bad tablet problem out of the box, Having done that makes it difficult in some cases to return or RMA.

I appreciate the response. The tablet was past the return period so I couldn't have returned it anyway. And I am currently running the stock android os which was prerooted so really I haven't tinkered all that much. This very well could be a bad tablet, and my cousin's of the same model has the same issue. Has nobody else had this issue?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
In that case it could be a bad tablet. We'll just have to wait to see if someone else has had the same experience. Sounds as if you tried everything else.

OutbackWaffle

Mar 24, 2013
Yeah i tried a lot of different stuff and then gave up and figured since there was a rep from visual land that posts here sometimes maybe this site would be the place to go.