Print to LAN Printer from Tablet

B_Mullins

Oct 9, 2013
Is it possible to configure this tablet (ME-102A-A1) to talk to a printer hanging on my home LAN? I have a wireless router that the tablet sees and logs into just fine. The problem is that it doesn't see any of the other devices connected to the LAN (2 PCs connected via cat 5 cable, 2 laptops connected wirelessly, a chromecast and a Roku) nor does it show up (neither does my wife's 7" Android tablet either). One of the PCs connected via cable has a shared printer and a shared 3 TB USB drive ($130 @ Sam's a couple of years ago).

I have to replace the printer - took a power hit during a storm a couple of days and the printer refuses to power up - and am considering getting a wireless printer so I don't have to keep that PC running 24/7. If I can get the tablet to connect with a wireless printer it will be worth it to spend a few bucks extra to get a wireless printer. Otherwise I can use the money elsewhere.

Any ideas? Also, if I can find/figure out a way to hang the USB drive directly onto the LAN via some sort of server device I can get rid of one PC completely (it's old and slow but it suffices as a printer/disk drive server) thereby reducing my power consumption.

I'm hoping there is a way to do what I want without committing any major felonies or breaking the bank.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I print to the wireless DeskJet in my office, frequently. I can either do it using an app called PrinterShare (in house) or Google Cloud Print if I'm on the road. Follow the link in my signature for a thread on the various ways to print.