Print to PDF - NOT convert a document to PDF

rcuave

Jan 31, 2013
Please help. I've seen numerous threads on printing to PDF. All of the solutions involve converting a document to PDF. I don't need to convert a document. When I place an online order or pay a bill online there is an option to print the confirmation which, sometimes does not exist until you print the form. I want to print these to PDF's so that I can save them. PDF's are easy to print later if you need a printed copy. They are easy to attach to e-mails if you need to show someone the confirmation of your payment.

I have several apps on my Android tablet that will print to my Wi-Fi printer. I can print PDF's, DOC's, TXT's and more. I do not need to be able to print to my Wi-Fi printer, I can do that, I can even do it remotely. I need to be able to create a PDF file by printing. This is eaisly done in Window with programs such as Cute PDF and others.

Please help me find such a program that will work on my tablet. I'm presently running Jelly Bean.

Thanks!!!!!

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

If it is just printing web pages, try Firefox Beta or Dolphin Browser.

Firefox, hit the menu button in the top, then TOOLS, then SAVE AS PDF.

Dolphin, download the Web To PDF option and you can save a web page as a PDF.

rcuave

Jan 31, 2013
Welcome to the forum!

If it is just printing web pages, try Firefox Beta or Dolphin Browser.

Firefox, hit the menu button in the top, then TOOLS, then SAVE AS PDF.

Dolphin, download the Web To PDF option and you can save a web page as a PDF.

Thanks so much for your reply. However, I've found many apps that will print a web page to PDF, I would really like to be able to print to a PDF like I am able to do in Windows. Anything that I can print, I would like to be able to print to a PDF document rather than to a printer.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I have not found a good way to do that, as in a PDF printer for Android. Best option is a PDF printer on a cloud print server at home that then uploads your PDF to dropbox for you to get. It is not an easy solution though.

I guess it comes down to what types of files you want to print to PDF. I use Kingsoft Office and using the Save As dialog there is an option to choose PDF and export your document to a PDF file. It only works for .doc/docx files, not excel or ppt.