Problem DL-ing the 3.2 update

theallspark

Jun 5, 2011
hey guys,

I received an update last night, was about 357mb and I think it says system update 7.006.01. And I have a really great feeling that this is 3.2.

so the problem is when I download it, it never seems to complete its download, it just keeps on repeating the download, it reaches a hundred percent, then back to the start again. it did this like 3-4 times already. :(

what seems to be the problem? btw, i am in no way rooted. my tab is completely genuine.

Thanks for the reply! Cheers! \m/

cfs123

Oct 5, 2011
I've read on other threads/forums that the update is called 7.006.01_COM2 (or somthing like that) but my update is stamped as 7.006.01 and is giving invalid bundle update issues.

biking4jesus

Aug 27, 2011
Same here. I''ve been trying for 3 days. Most of the time the upgrade downloads & unzips, but then declares the update to be invalid. I assume that means that some checksum failed. It seems unlikely that I would have a defective download 6 times in a row unless there was a problem at the source. What are the chances that there is a bad image on the download server that we are getting? Is there any way to select the source of the download?

- Conrad

MrBlazito

May 8, 2011
I've had the problem as well. My first try downloading it, the download completed 100% and gave me the invalid update error while unzipping. I tried again and it got stuck in the loop, where it would start the download all over once it would reach 100%. What I did, is restart the tablet, and set the screen to turn off after 30 minutes so it wouldn't turn off while downloading. This worked for me. I was able to download the update and install it no problem.

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
here is a link to the us update along with instructions.
I updated using this link and downloaded it to my computer, extracted the update.zip, put the update.zip on a micro sd and installed.
After inserting the sd in the A500
Hold the volume down button and continue to hold while powering up.
Once you see a few lines in the upper left of the screen you can let go the volume and let it do it's thing.
Takes about 5 minutes or less to install.
http://vache-android.com/files/Acer_A500_7.006.01_COM_GEN2.zip

FlutteringBy

Jul 5, 2011
Thanks for the info frnkws.....I've updated 2 tabs with no problems but this 3rd one just about has me licked.....:(....I'll try your method if it doesn't take this time.....

These 4 hr. downloads are getting a little much....it would be wonderful if they could break these updates to approx. 100 mb's each, rather than 1 one huge file.....it might cut out some of the problems as not everyone has a lightening fast connection.....

StephTech

Nov 20, 2011
MrBlazito's method of extending the screen cut off time worked for me.

I just received my Android Tab yesterday, and several failed updates had me worried - but maxing the screen timeout worked for me also. It seems to be during the unzip/install that this is critical. I had downloaded (again) but decided to research before installing. Once I maxed the screen timeout, it completely unzipped, installed, shut down, and restarted itself very smoothly.

Wanderer81321

Nov 27, 2011
I am hoping that this will work. I have 3 Acer Iconia A500 and thus far have been unable to download this mysterious 7.006.01 to all my tablets. I tried on my wife’s and first time was successful. I am now on attempt 3 on mine and so far I get the invalid error message. I am trying to download the file as per your instructions above. I will let you know if it helps. I just bought these tablets. Is this what I should expect? This is the second big download since I have had them and it seems that it is a fight to get the patches applied. Also this is my first exposure to forums like these so I will post the results after I try your suggestion. Providing I can find this post again! LOL

Wanderer81321

Nov 27, 2011
It worked like a charm! I followed your instructions and all is well. THANK YOU! I really appreciate your advice.

Wanderer81321

Nov 27, 2011
Thank you frnkws! I followed your instructions and they worked great! I really appreciate your advice. Now if I can figure out how these forums work. I think I may of posted this reply in several places :) Sorry all. I am new at this.

damobius

Feb 21, 2012
frnkws, your download and instructions worked like a charm. After a dozen tries the "normal" way with dropped downloads and invalid updates, this worked the first time. Thanks!!