Problem downloading Apps

holytrinity

Dec 31, 2012
Hi.
New to the forum with a problem!
My son has a MID android tablet running version 2.2.
Have only managed to download one game and the amazon app store, but having no luck downloading other apps to the device, keeps saying 'download unsuccessful'.
Wonder if anyone has advice to help me out??
It has a 4 GB memory on board + a 4GB micro SD.
Thanks everyone and Happy New Year!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum and a Happy New Year to you as well

I'm guessing you don't have any browsing problems. If that's the case the Amazon app could be confused. Go to settings - apps - all and find the Amazon app. Tap it and tell it to clear cache, force close it and restart your tablet.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
I also suggest finding the true details of the tablet then follow the root process if documented, lots happening for you with root.

holytrinity

Dec 31, 2012
Welcome to the forum and a Happy New Year to you as well

I'm guessing you don't have any browsing problems. If that's the case the Amazon app could be confused. Go to settings - apps - all and find the Amazon app. Tap it and tell it to clear cache, force close it and restart your tablet.

Thanks leeshor. I have tried this but still no luck.
We can connect to internet with no problems.
I have now uninstalled the amazon app, but we still get the message 'download unsuccessful'.
Really puzzling because I have an android phone and have never had any problems with it downloading apps.
I dont know if the following details help:

Model Number: Ovtech i7A
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-default

As before, any help gratefully accepted!
Thanks.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The only other thing(s) I can think of is that your tablet is looking like you are using a proxy to access the Internet. That would confuse the store. That could be caused if you had installed any apps to help communicate through your phone. You may want to restart your router, restart your tablet, check settings - apps- - all and see if you have Amazon listed. If so tap it and tell it to clear the cache, force close and restart your tablet, again.

KylaW

Dec 31, 2012
Hello,
So I am having a problem downloading angry birds on to my tablet. I dont have any other problems downloading any other app, just this one! I have a Coby Kyros MID7012 and it downloaded perfect and plays great! My husband wants to download it as well on his Coby Kyros MID7035 and no such luck. I have tried getting it from the internet, app store sites and even had the tech guys at my work look at it?? Oh how I hope you can help!!! Thanks

holytrinity

Dec 31, 2012
Hi Everyone.
Tried all of above with no luck really.
Done a bit more reading and found a suggestion to go to a site called 'SlideMe'.
I downloaded 'sam' which is an app manager, and created an account.
Once I had done this I was able to access and download apps via this site with no problem.
Working well for me and my son is happy!!
Cheers, hope this helps others.