Problem Updating T520XXUAND1 For Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 WiFi

BOISDARC

Sep 30, 2014
I have a new, refurbished (oxymoron) Pro 10.1 Wi-fi running 4.4.2 KitKat. Current firmware is T520NZKAXAR. I've discovered a lot of info about updating to T520XXUAND1 firmware. I followed all the preliminary steps to do so, then attempted to download the "OFFICIAL" firmware file. Alas, after MANY HOURS of searching, I was unable to find ANY firmware file that would even begin to install. That brought things to a screeching halt. I tried two different versions of Kies - 3.2 & 2.6 - and both responded that they did not support my device. Do what? I was going to use Odin for a manual install (for which there are numerous instructions, like yours), but without the proper firmware file I could not even try. I used Samsung's Live Chat. They could not even begin to offer assistance. They were completely baffled and unaware of ANY firmware update for the 10.1 beyond T52QNZKAXAR (which was on the one I bought) . A ("thorough search"??) of their database - or so I was told by Samsung - revealed no mention of T520XXUAND1. From the gist of the chat, I got the impression they thought I had no idea what I was talking about. Obviously (?) some or many people were able to upgrade their firmware to T520XXUAND1. Samsung said there was no such update, BUT IT IS LISTED ON SAMSUNG'S DOWNLOAD SITE!! Unfortunately, the download site directs you to another site where you can download only garbage, if you are able to download anything at all. The file is reported to end with .tar.md5. I could find no such file ANYWHERE. I would very much like to update to T521XXUAND1 firmware. Apparently, many have done so. Somewhere, somehow others got the update file - and successfully updated. I would also like to do this, but obviously am at a standstill without the proper file. I've been working on this for three days. Can some of you gurus out there provide some help and advice? I am disgusted, frustrated, confused and worn-out from my fruitless efforts concerning this process. I would be close to eternally grateful for assistance. Surely some expert is familiar with this. A lot of Information concerning this matter is on the web, including yours. Please respond if you can. I am old and very tired of this. I do not like to start things I cannot finish. Surely there is an answer.

Jack M. Prichard

Last edited by a moderator:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Jack, congratulations on your Tab Pro 10.1 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 forum for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

Any replies will arrive here, so I've also removed your email for your privacy.

BOISDARC

Sep 30, 2014
Thanks. I hope someone will be kind enough to help. No one, anywhere else, has done so.

Thanks
Hi Jack, congratulations on your Tab Pro 10.1 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 forum for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

Any replies will arrive here, so I've also removed your email for your privacy.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Jack, download Phone Info from the Play Store and install it. In the "Firmware Info" section will be four strings of numbers: Bootloader, Baseband, PDA, and CSC. I need to know the PDA and CSC numbers in order to cross reference the available firmware on Sammobile to see if there is an update available for you.

You have to be prepared though for the very real possibility that there is no update available. With Android L being released soon, the scuttlebutt on Sammobile and other forums is that Samsung is skipping the Android 4.4.4 update and going straight to L.

BOISDARC

Sep 30, 2014
Jack, download Phone Info from the Play Store and install it. In the "Firmware Info" section will be four strings of numbers: Bootloader, Baseband, PDA, and CSC. I need to know the PDA and CSC numbers in order to cross reference the available firmware on Sammobile to see if there is an update available for you.

You have to be prepared though for the very real possibility that there is no update available. With Android L being released soon, the scuttlebutt on Sammobile and other forums is that Samsung is skipping the Android 4.4.4 update and going straight to L.

Thank you. I will do so today. I am afraid you are right. There is/was a so-called "OFFICIAL" T250XXUAD1 firmware file(s) supposedly available. I downloaded some, then tried to run them in my Comodo sandbox. No luck at all. Most files were ,exe. One was .zip, but would not open. I began to think "scam", so I quit trying to open files, Info implies L is coming. This may be an explanation why TX520XXUAD1 is no longer - apparently - available. For whatever reason. Samsung INSISTS that there is NO record in their database of T520XXUAND1.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
T520XXUAND1 does exist as a valid PDA number for several regional variants of the Tab, however they may not be the correct firmware for your device. I would need the PDA and CSC numbers to be sure, however the point may also be moot. With one exception - Ukraine - all the available firmwares are Android 4.4.2. If you're running 4.4.2 on your tablet (check "About device" in settings), you have the latest firmware.

Samsung firmware files are very large. For my Galaxy S4, it was 1.5GB for the stock firmware. If you're downloading EXE files, these may be "download accelerators", which I don't use. The zip file was probably a firmware file renamed to zip so it could be hosted on the site you downloaded it from. Save yourself the hassle in the future and get the firmware from sammobile.

Wild_Duck

Nov 6, 2011
On my Tab Pro 10.1 I've installed Cyanogenmod cm-12.1 picassowifi (Android 5.1.1) and it runs fine, no Samsung touchwiz just Android.