Problem with 8GB Kingston microSD

sercero

May 20, 2011
Hello,

I thought that any SD card (up to 16GB) would work, but with stock Android Eclair 2.1 I had no luck with the following: Kingston microSD SDHC 8GB, Class 4.

dmesg shows the following error: "mmc0: error -110 whilst initialising SD card".

The card works flawlessly in a BlackBerry Curve 8520 and in a netbook with the SD adapter.

The Kyros SD reader works fine with a 2GB microSD card.

Tested also with Android GingerBread 2.3.1 and no luck either, same problem.

Apr 28, 2011
I would re format the one with the error. Do the fat32 with long format, not the quick one, it wont work. If it works fine with another sdcard, then it is the card itself not the tablet.

sercero

May 20, 2011
Thanks for the answer.

I will try another brand of microSD like SanDisk. A friend has been looking around google and says that seems like a Kingston problem.

The thing that troubles me is that in the box it says SDHC up to 16GB supported and in these very forums people talk about using their 8GB sd cards with no issue.

I have tried formatting in fat32, ext2 with and without a partition and no success. Seems more like something at the low level.

sercero

May 20, 2011
Already purchased the SanDisk microSDHC 8GB.

It is recognized by the tablet correctly and files are read and written correctly.