Problem with battery charging

mechir

Feb 10, 2011
Hi all,

I have a problem with my device but before i hit the shop for service i would like to know if this is normal, a known problem or just with my device.

Last night before i put the device to sleep (i just press th power button on top once) the remaining battery level is more than 70%. Then i put it in my bag and have a long journey by bus. 6 hours later i took the device out and press the power button again to wake it up. however, nothing happened even after waiting for more than 10 seconds. i press the power button once again and wait. then i press it longer. still nothing on the screen. i assume the battery was dead and not know why.

when reach home several hours later, i quickly hook it to its charger. the amber LED at bottom lights up. i press the power button and walla, the device turn alive again. seems the battery was dead last time.

i put it on charge for several hours after when i checked, the amber light had turned off. i wake the device and see the battery is only alittle more than 30%. at battery live app, it show that the battery is overheating. i wait till its cooled down and try to charge again but this time the LED is not light up and no indication/icon on screen saying it's being charged. it says discharging in battery status. im not sure either the battery, charging controller chip or the charger is at faulty. :confused:

is anyone of you experience it. will it can be solved without return the device back to seller? :(

mechir

Feb 10, 2011
Finally the problem solved. ;) Solved is not the correct word i think because i did not do anything exceptional. :p

After posting the above post, i tried to charge again and this time the amber light turned on. the battery icon and battery app also state that the battery is in charging mode. i wait for several hours and the charging completed.

i believe my first problem (battery quickly depleted even in sleep mode) was caused by the power button suddenly pressed by other object in my bag. keeping it wake up several times. hopefully my hypothesis is true. :p

the second problem (charging not completed and stopped) i believed was caused by lack of ventilation around the tablet. to avoid putting the tablet on floor (no table, chair, etc, near the power point) i put the device inside my open bag-pack. even it is opened, i think the ventilation is not as good as in open space. the hot battery then triggered the controller to stop charging. it takes a while for the battery and device to cool and allowed to be charged though.

i will see if the problem appears again. btw, thanks to anyone who read my earlier post. :)

razer

Feb 3, 2011
I always prop mine up when charging since I noticed no ventilation holes on the bottom of it.

mechir

Feb 10, 2011
yes razer. i believe so. the housing only has two little speaker's hole at the bottom. has to ensure good ventilation when charging.