Problem with Chinese Tablet N90 RK2918 android 4.0 No Drivers for PC No way to Root

susana.ibz

Jun 26, 2012
Hi, first of all two things: First I am new here because I just got my very first android Tablet. Secondly, very sorry for my bad english (I am from Spain) but I am trying my best. Now to my many many problems: I thought I'd save a few bucks by buying a Chinese Tablet here: Myefox N90 RK2918 9.7 inch android4.0 Capacitive Tablet PC And at first glance i was happy when I got it after waiting for it over a month... But then I tried to download the sims 3 which I have on my Samsung Galaxy SII and It said that it wasn't possible because of the country of my device. But on Google play there are my other devices (the galaxy and my brother's Airis tablet) and those two were compatible but not the chinese tablet, so I suppose google play thinks my tablet is in China!!! So I investigated a bit and found out that you can drop the google market restrictions if you root the tablet, so that is what I tried with "UnlockRoot", but no luck there eather because to root it you apparently have to install the tablet's drivers on the PC. The thing is: I have no Idea where to get the damn drivers, so I got some other Rockchip RK2918 drivers I found on some forum, but now I don't know how to install them because in the device manager on my computer (windows 7 by the way) it isn't listed as a Unknown device: you can just see it as G:\ and it says it is a "File CD Gadget" But I tried anyway to update the driver and select the ones I downloaded but it says that I already have the best drivers installed. Before anybody wonders: I took out the micro sd card from the tablet, put it in usb mode and debug is selected. So ....... can anybody help or has any ideas at all? It would be much appreciate it, as I have now spend 3 days trying and like I said I am very very new at all this android stuff! and by the way I am also addicted to the sims 3 and would very much like to play it on the tablet.

rmicheald

Jun 1, 2012
I also have a Chinese Yuandao Rockchip Tablet N90. I am quite happy with it. I have found that many apps don't download directly from the "Play Store". I do a search on the app I want on Google and usually get a few sites with the download I want. Sometimes it gets "e-mailed" to my gmail account and then installs when I access the e-mail. Sometimes i have to download it on my pc and then copy it to the tablet and install it (apps on the "settings" applet). Hope this helps.

Searched Google for "sim3 android tablet download" and one of the entries I got was:

►
Download The Sims 3 HD .apk android games Free

Trustworthiness:
blank.gif

blank.gif

Vendor reliability:
blank.gif

blank.gif

Privacy:
blank.gif

blank.gif

Child safety:
blank.gif

blank.gif

Nov 21, 2010 ... Download The Sims 3 HD. apk echo ... Best Android Downloads HomePage. Download Android Apps and Android Games For Free! Download ...www.bestandroiddownloads.com/download/games/emulators-simulators/the... Google, Bing Peek Cached More New Window

susana.ibz

Jun 26, 2012
Thank you rmicheald, but I already tried a few of these, but then when I load it it says that I have to download aditional data, and then it says during the progress: NAN 0% and it won't download, it just stays that way forever! I haven't tried to download exactly the one you mention but others, in this link you kindly offered (from 2010 and by the comments doubtfull to work) I have to sign in with a facebook account and allow the site access to all my personal information, pictures and videos and I'd like to avoid that. Hope someone gives me some help to root the device or just change the country setting as I am NOT in china! But thank you anyway RMICHEALD.

rmicheald

Jun 1, 2012
I signed my wife up for a g-mail account and everything downloads to that e-mail and installs on her tablet. It bypasses the "country" checks and comes through the e-mail then gives the option to install. We live in Thailand and get apps from the Google store as well as downloads from other sites that way.

susana.ibz

Jun 26, 2012
I have a gmail account and you download it directly, so how did you do it to get it by email? But anyway: I managed to get some apk and it installed it, but it's the data package that doesn't download. I have got to work some other previous versions, 1.0.46 i think, and it started ok, but when you got to the music start, you can't see the buttons and other information and objects... sooo nothing working yet.