Problem with Google Play

G1ZmO

Apr 7, 2012
Model Number: DISCO10
Android Version: 2.2-20110803
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9 zjd@dtlinuxserver #29
Build Number: FRF85B-Tim6a

Hi folks,

Recently updated to Tim6a and most things were going smoothly. Android Market was working however since it became Google Play. It allows me to install free apps but if I go to buy any apps it just says "An error has occurred. Please try again."
I went to the Google Play site and logged in (as I used to with Marketplace) but it says I have no devices and says I have never accessed the Play App Store.

Has anyone had experience of this and a resolution? I've tried clearing the cache and data from the Google Play app but that didn't work.

Thanks

Paul

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
If you have a google account open settings there. & add device. If it doesn't work for play you can get amazon appstore. Not quite as good but plenty still worth downloading.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

G1ZmO

Apr 7, 2012
If you have a google account open settings there. & add device. If it doesn't work for play you can get amazon appstore. Not quite as good but plenty still worth downloading.

There are no options to add a device in either the Google account on the pc nor on the tablet. It was working before the Marketplace became Google Play!

Maybe I can find the apk file for the app I want but it is annoying!

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Try opening an amazon account if you don't already have one. That should get you appstore at least

elektros

Jan 5, 2012
Amazon is not the only other Android app store besides Google Play. There are also at least SlideMe, Socio.mall, GetJar and Android Pit that have Android Apps, plus Handango, Mobihand and FreewareLovers that have apps for Android plus apps for other mobile devices. There is also one called Android Tap, but they only have paid apps and no free ones, and I'm cheap, LOL!

Pay attention to this list, because there are a lot of other sites that are just gateways to Google Play, and so about as much use as a dead parrot, but all the ones I list can be accessed on devices that don't have Google Play access.

jmullinsiu

Jun 14, 2012
Model Number: DISCO10
Android Version: 2.2-20110803
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9 zjd@dtlinuxserver #29
Build Number: FRF85B-Tim6a

Hi folks,

Recently updated to Tim6a and most things were going smoothly. Android Market was working however since it became Google Play. It allows me to install free apps but if I go to buy any apps it just says "An error has occurred. Please try again."
I went to the Google Play site and logged in (as I used to with Marketplace) but it says I have no devices and says I have never accessed the Play App Store.

Has anyone had experience of this and a resolution? I've tried clearing the cache and data from the Google Play app but that didn't work.

Thanks

Paul

Hey Paul,

Were you able to clear this error. I too am having the same issue now.

andrew0109

Jun 14, 2012
can i ask a question, i messed around with a armova 7 tablet i went to google app and searched for firefox but it wasnt there why is this? other people say its there but i couldnt find it so i went to firefox website to download it and it kept coming back download unsucessful why is this i thought the armova7 g2 or g2 i think it was compatiable the spec wise its fine but im having no luck so is it the android operating system wont allow it or ff hasnt got a proper app for it???

alexblack

May 12, 2012
Other sites are App Center and SlideME Market, handango, Mobihand Only Android, Aproov, Getjar also.

Last edited:

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Android Market v3.3.12 (supplied by my tablet's manufacturer) works fine.
Google Play v3.5.19 (apk from my DroidX) crashes early on my tablet.
A v3.5.19 apk I got from XDA allows me to search for apps, leave market reviews/comments, etc. but crashes if I try to download any app.
Why is v3.5.19 so different from v3.3.12 for the Google vending apk/app ?

Is there a v3.5.x apk that will work on my tablet?

ro6ot

Oct 30, 2012
Amazon is not the only other Android app store besides Google Play. There are also at least SlideMe, Socio.mall, GetJar and Android Pit that have Android Apps, plus Handango, Mobihand and FreewareLovers that have apps for Android plus apps for other mobile devices. There is also one called Android Tap, but they only have paid apps and no free ones, and I'm cheap, LOL!

Pay attention to this list, because there are a lot of other sites that are just gateways to Google Play, and so about as much use as a dead parrot, but all the ones I list can be accessed on devices that don't have Google Play access.

I just checked out "Android Pit", and it too is just a referrer to google play store!

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I just checked out "Android Pit", and it too is just a referrer to google play store!

The apps I checked appear to be a little more expensive at AndroidPit than at the Google Play Store.