Problem with M7206 Android 2.3.3 Tablet

casr26

Feb 5, 2012
Well, i´m kinda of a newbie in these tablet "things" and i just bought a chinese tablet (Via 8650II, 1GHz ,256Ram, model 7206) with android 2.3.3 installed but i´m having some problems with it... so, if someone can give me a hint on how to solve some problems it would be very helpfull...

Problems:
- Wireless conection often shuts down and starts right after.. but only stays connected for a minute or two...
- Often when i try to install apllications from android market i receive this error "android.process.media" and i have to close the application

well, i think that the problem can be from the O.S. but i really would apreciate an opinion... and if someone had the same problem wich way is the best solution (even if is necessary to "format" the tablet (i just need to know how to do it))

Thanks in advance for any help :(

Last edited:

fzimmer

Feb 23, 2012
Mine does'nt even get a connection. The Huawei stick blinks blue, it asks for the PIN, but then there is 'no net'.

caveqat

Jul 31, 2012
Part of the problem is from the battery saver problems, built for a phone not a tablet. The android play error is related to the tablet issue again. play wants to send confirmation and programs to the phone number listed in the device. You have to get the unit past that point. That may be why i looked for the play store update download. Put thqat On and the store recognized me, and let my wifi download start. Worked with amazon also. But I read out there is a 2.4 version of android, but mine is stuck at 2.3.3, cannot find that update yet. Really hidden, but should pop out someday.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
try loading uberoid firmware . this will root your tablet & improve pretty much everything on it. wi-fi is poor & you need to be fairly close to use it ok, (roughly 5m) there is plenty of info on the wondermedia pages of the forum to help you through the process. my 1st tab was wm8650 & was unuseable until i rooted it. it will put a version of honeycomb on if you find the right link & this was what i used (uberoid v9.7). there are newer updates but i had problems getting them to load. you should also find help on how to get google play working on it too. good luck.