Problem with market on CM7Tab from Icewing....

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Quick question. I'm pretty sure its something I missed, but I can't download facebook or youtube from the market. I did the mods from Fuganater's post. I was under the impression that would fix all the missing app issues. Did I miss something?

sent from my CM7 Gtablet using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
YouTube won't show up unless you have all the Google apps installed from my experience. The Facebook app is just weird, and shows up on builds it likes

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
No, not yet. Still farting around with it. Also posted on SD to Icewyng to see if I could get an answer. No dice yet.

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
YouTube won't show up unless you have all the Google apps installed from my experience. The Facebook app is just weird, and shows up on builds it likes

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

I don't mean to pry, but could you be spacific about the Google apps you are referring to?

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
Last I checked the gapps.zip (contains YouTube, maps, market) isn't included in icewings rom, but I could be wrong. I don't remember where I got my gapps.zip file anymore, but I'm sure you can find them

Glad you're happy with the tab!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Last I checked the gapps.zip (contains YouTube, maps, market) isn't included in icewings rom, but I could be wrong. I don't remember where I got my gapps.zip file anymore, but I'm sure you can find them

Glad you're happy with the tab!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Ok. I'll check it out. I thought I flashed it in, but maybe it didn't take.

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
What is the problem again ? can't download or the apps are not shown ?

Dave

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Apps show, just can't download. Not all, just some, like youtube, bookface (facebook), to mention a few.

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
Im sorry, i thought they werent showing. A person in the BC thread was talking about how to fix the newer market to allow all the downloads. You could check the last few pages of BC at slatedroid.

Sent from my Flashback 7.2 using Tapatalk

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
If the apps are shown, then 'the market fix' is working.
If you can't download certain apps, then look for the 'vold.fstab' fix. CM7 uses EMMC for internal sd card, which may affect some apps. The fix swaps and properly identifies internal sd card as SDCARD. Some people claimed that deleting google account and recreating would be needed as well. These are the info that I remember from reading long time ago.
I used CM7 before and did not have the problem.

Dave

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Yup, still doesn't work. As a matter of fact, I nearly wiped market off my tablet by playing with the build.prop file. Not gonna do that again.

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
wha . . . . t does the build.prop have anything to do with the problem of not able to download and install ?:confused:

Dave

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
In the past, I have altered the build.prop to get the market working. It worked on my old tablet. Also, I cannot find the vold.fstab fix at all. XDA search engine sucks and SD isn't showing much love either.

Last edited: