Problem with the battery

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I have the original note,I was happy with the battery life and now all of a sudden it started discharging at the speed of the light, at least it seems to me! :-( What I'm talking about is that with my phone sleeping, my battery discharge s to 50 in 3 hours. I tried to figure out if I changed my settings lately or introduced apps that could cause this, but I didn't. Idon't remember my screen light being so bright when I put it all the way down,I have the feeling that my light got stuck or I really don't know what to think about. !

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I used it a little bit, that's it...three hours later is dead again! :-(

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
It kind of sounds like a battery issue, how long is it taking to charge before it reports full?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I had a problem similar with my Sony, and it turned out it was a syncing issue, a particular app was constanly trying to sync and would not allow the device to sleep. Once I figured out what it was, and that turned out to be an app installed by AT&T, I was able to root the tablet and disable the app. I know it couldn't be the same exact issue but it could be a similar issue. Still, it kind of sounds like a battery issue.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
What do you mean for a battery issue? That I need a new battery? I don't think so, it just happened from one day to the other one that my battery started discharging at this amazing speed,if the battery get used up it would slow down little by little, I think. . Besides, it charges as fast as ever. I've been going through all my settings , checking if I touched something or added something I didn't recall, that can cause the issue. The only think I can see is that my screen, that is set to 0 brightness is much brighter than I recall...we know well that the screen light uses up a lot of battery. I went to check what use up my battery and it says 53% screen .On my tablet where I keep the screen brightnesss half way up, the screen uses 19%. It looks like the screen light on my note got stuck and I cannot turn it down.

Attachments

• $SC20121129-235622-1.jpg
    $SC20121129-235622-1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,268
  • $ForumRunner_20121130_000019.png
    $ForumRunner_20121130_000019.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 657

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I suppose if your phone isn't losing charge while the screen is off, like in standby it is using power normally, then you are likely right. I would guess you have shut the phone down, even removed the battery and reinstalled it. Does the auto brightness setting still work?
The picture seems to adequately express your distress btw :)

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
It actually does loose power on stand by: it went from 96to 93 in half an hour in sleep mode while my tablet stayed on 55.I'm so frustrated right now that I would buy an I phone !:-D

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
If you turn on airplane mode and let it sleep the battery drain persists? This is a strange problem, hope you can figure it out.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I've tried a couple of things and I'm checking if anything is happening with my battery and then if nothing works I'll try resetting my note. I have to check but I thing mine is not the kind that if you reset it ,it bricks. Thank you Tom for trying to help......thank you G U R U S....how could I do without you,yes you JP,Spider!? :-D

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Nothing worked, only in airplane mode the phone stop using power.Im going to try a factory reset,I guess.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Not too much choice I guess, hope all goes well.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I'm looking for the invoice, which I probably don't have or anything that reminds me when I bought my note.It was when it just came out in Europe, it must have been around a year ago. So , do you think it might just be time to change the battery.....do they last only one year?:-(

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
It's possible, with phones you tend to discharge much deeper daily than with a tablet. Batteries are fairly inexpensive anyway, at least a replacement for my HTC Evo is just $8 on Amazon. But if the power drain happened suddenly it seems less likely it is just an ageing battery, although it could be damaged somehow.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
You are right, Tom, the battery is cheap,I ordered one already.....hopefully is that and I don't have to reset and cancel all my stuff.

Last edited: