Problem with Titanium Backup

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
My TB has had an update available for quite some time (maybe 3 weeks) After I click update it goes through the update the when finished it says update unsuccessful.

Any ideas why this could be happening?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
My TB has had an update available for quite some time (maybe 3 weeks) After I click update it goes through the update the when finished it says update unsuccessful.

Any ideas why this could be happening?

Try uninstalling the old one then download the new one from scratch.

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
Thanks J515OP. It doesn't have an option to uninstall like other apps. Is it because at some point it was included with an Phiremod update? Is there another way to uninstall it?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Thanks J515OP. It doesn't have an option to uninstall like other apps. Is it because at some point it was included with an Phiremod update? Is there another way to uninstall it?

Most apps and services are uninstallable. Get "Root Uninstaller" from the market, to uninstall apps that are built into a rom (on root). The "RU" app requires SU rights, so when asked grant it's permission.

Last edited:

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
Just uninstalled and tried to reinstall. I says Installation Unsuccessful. Do you think I need to get the pro?

Edit: Now it is telling me Incompatable Update.

Edit: I now see that I can't update to the pro with out the original TB. What can I do?

Edit: I fixed permissions 2 times and then it installed.

Edit: Posting in case anyone else has problems. After I fixed permissions and installed TB, I tried to open the app
and it Forced Closed. I fixed permissions again and it is now working correctly.

Last edited: