Problem with transformer, should I switch to galaxy tab?

Jkirb

Jun 5, 2011
Hello, I currently have the Asus see pad transformer and I am having an issue with the power button. I do have a square trade warranty so if I file a claim, I will ship my transformer to them and they will give me the amount of money I bought it for. My question is, should I take that money from the transformer and buy the galaxy tab? The main reason I bought the transformer over other tablets was for the keyboard because I will be using this for homework to type essays, powerpoints,etc. Now that the Galaxy tab has a keyboard, should I buy it or keep the transformer? Money is not a problem also.
Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Anomander

Jun 16, 2011
Does the Galaxy off anything more then the keyboard? I thought spec wise they were on par with each other.

DJACID

May 7, 2011
Exactly the same on stock firmware,But as it stands in my household my transformer is much faster using prime 1.4 and overclock 1.4ghz

Mr.Gadget

Apr 13, 2011
I would try, as best you can, to compare the software. If the specs are totally equal, as they appear to be, then compare the software, build quality, weight, etc...
I was hot for a Transformer due to the keyboard and price, but if neither is a factor for you anymore than that makes the choice tough!
If you do go through with the Square Trade, let us know how it goes please!

Jkirb

Jun 5, 2011
Hey guys i am just letting you all know that I decided to keep the transformer. I did not go through with squaretrade because I learned that I could ship it back to asus to have them fix it for FREE. I just got it back today and it took about 2 weeks. It is now working great!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum