Problem with WiFi

dfontana

Mar 23, 2013
I just got my IRULU Vorte tablex which runs 4.0.3 of the android system. We are having a problem with the WiFi that is buit in. If I am in the room with m wireless router I connect and get an excellent signal. If I go into the master bedroom which is about 10 feet away from the router, I get no signal. In the living room, the signal is week and very intermittent. WHat is going on? I read somewhere that if the connection is intermittent to try and give it a static IP address. I saw how to give it a static IP under te ethernet settings but that was not available in the WiFi settings.

ANy help is appreciated.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum
I have a link in my signature with quite a few suggestions and feel certain one will work.

As for the fixed IP, if you tap the connection and go to settings > advanced you should have the option to do that but I don't think that sounds like the problem, Your router needs to be where you start looking for the problem.

dfontana

Mar 23, 2013
Welcome to the forum
I have a link in my signature with quite a few suggestions and feel certain one will work.

As for the fixed IP, if you tap the connection and go to settings > advanced you should have the option to do that but I don't think that sounds like the problem, Your router needs to be where you start looking for the problem.

Thanks for the reply. I looked at your link and downloaded wifi analyzer. The only wifi this tablet sees is my own although there about 6 other wifi devices nearby that my laptops and other cell phones see.

As a test I did change the channel to from 9 to 3 and tried it in another room but still got no signal. So I believe that was items 1 and 2 from your link. The other options I believe donot apply to me other than trying it at a friends house wth their wifi connection. DO you have any other ideas? Also when I checked signal strength in the room with the router the needle was right in the middle making me assume only a 500% signal. Am I correct in my assumption?

dfontana

Mar 23, 2013
Welcome to the forum

Just went back to your link again and saw this one:

6) If 1-5 don't help, try a cold boot/start if your tablet has that function. At least turn it completely off and back on.

So I have a question, how do I do a cold boot/start?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Unfortunately the method differs from tablet to tablet. The ,most used cold boot method is to start with the tablet powered down and hold the volume + then also the power button at the same time and if you get some white writing in the upper left just let it keep going. If volume + doesn't do anything try vol -.

dfontana

Mar 23, 2013
Unfortunately the method differs from tablet to tablet. The ,most used cold boot method is to start with the tablet powered down and hold the volume + then also the power button at the same time and if you get some white writing in the upper left just let it keep going. If volume + doesn't do anything try vol -.

Thanks for help so far, nothing has worked so far. I have also noticed that even when I am in the room with my router, I do not see any other wifi devices that are near me. There are about 6 wifi routers near my home that all my other wifi dvices detect but not this tablet. Coud it be that my tablet is equiped with a bad or weak wfi receiver or do you have any other ideas? Two of the nearby wifi devices are somewhere in my net door neighbors homes.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
When you say 2 devices next door, if they are routers and you get strong signals from your other devices in the house then I would say your tablet may have a hardware issue. The only way to make a firm conclusion that the tablet is bad would be to do a factory reset and start back with no apps installed but the ones it came with.

dfontana

Mar 23, 2013
When you say 2 devices next door, if they are routers and you get strong signals from your other devices in the house then I would say your tablet may have a hardware issue. The only way to make a firm conclusion that the tablet is bad would be to do a factory reset and start back with no apps installed but the ones it came with.

yes the next door devices are routers and my other devices get good signals to them. I sent the vendor an emai who contacted the manufacturer and beieve it or not, they state the wifi connections is ony good for 10 feet. I have requested an rma to send it back because of that.

Thanks for al yyour help and advice, wi get another tabet when I get refunded and hope have better luck.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
yes the next door devices are routers and my other devices get good signals to them. I sent the vendor an emai who contacted the manufacturer and beieve it or not, they state the wifi connections is ony good for 10 feet. I have requested an rma to send it back because of that.

Thanks for al yyour help and advice, wi get another tabet when I get refunded and hope have better luck.

10', they are full of it! ;) Another tablet is a good idea.